PDA

View Full Version : Cupholder buzzing

walshie
05-14-2009, 06:59 PM
I get a buzzing in my cupholders at certain rpms, lor speed, light acceleration. If i pull or push on the cupholder it goes away for a while. Can i remove the cupholder assy seperately and easially or is it one big piece from shifter to center console.
thanks.

TurboSS
05-15-2009, 05:51 AM
I get a buzzing in my cupholders at certain rpms, lor speed, light acceleration. If i pull or push on the cupholder it goes away for a while. Can i remove the cupholder assy seperately and easially or is it one big piece from shifter to center console.
thanks.

i have the same thing. cant figure out if it is that silver trim around the cup holder or something just inside the arm rest. the buzz goes away if i put alittle pressure on either one.

TomPierce
05-15-2009, 11:22 AM
Just the cupholder comes out as single piece - but there is a lip around the top that is underneath some other parts that must first be loosened or removed. I will see if I can find the diagram for you.

R.Penguin
05-15-2009, 11:28 AM
thanks.
Hmmmmm. I think I would ask my wife if she has lost her vibrator. :p

TomPierce
05-15-2009, 01:01 PM
No joy on the diagram

but the trim piece with the switches for windows / mirrors simply clips into the console. If you lift on the rear edge of that trim piece it can be lifter the 1/2 inch or so you need to free up the cupholder in the front.

gearhead455
05-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Hmmmmm. I think I would ask my wife if she has lost her vibrator. :p

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h309/bluesman455/rotfl.gif

walshie
05-15-2009, 03:32 PM
different type of noise:nah:

GTX
05-15-2009, 07:45 PM
I found the noise in my car to be the piece around the shifter. If I slide it over into sport mode, the sound goes away. In normal mode I have an annoying squeaking sound from the thin plastic that moves with the shifter. If you push down on the plastic it will stop or just leave it in sport mode. I don't know if that is the same sound you have in your car, but it's a noise I found in mine around the same area.

walshie
05-15-2009, 07:49 PM
Nope. Mine is definately the cupholder. At 1450-1550 rpm. Was able to get the rear trim piece off. Hoping just putting some sound deadener under it will work.

gearhead455
05-17-2009, 05:10 AM
double sided tape perhaps?

Copperhead
05-17-2009, 06:19 PM
I also get a subtle buzzing from that general vicinity. Never thought of checking the cup-holder, i'll have to check it out tomorrow.

walshie
05-17-2009, 06:48 PM
I removed mine and found noting noticable. I sprayed sound deadner in below it and then covered the cupholder with it. Mostly gone but still get it a little.Its at 1500 rpm so i'll stay well above that from now on.:)

TurboSS
05-17-2009, 07:11 PM
well after about an hour of driving...stopping...fixing...then driving again, i finally found my buzzing and killed it. i took a half inch thick piece of foam and put it under every piece of trim around and including the cupholder. my rattle was coming from the little trim piece behind the cup holder and infront of the armrest. that lil focker just didnt want to stop pissen me off lol. now i just have to hope its still enough after the LT's and cut-out go on lol

cpd004
07-21-2009, 04:17 AM
I found the noise in my car to be the piece around the shifter. If I slide it over into sport mode, the sound goes away. In normal mode I have an annoying squeaking sound from the thin plastic that moves with the shifter. If you push down on the plastic it will stop or just leave it in sport mode. I don't know if that is the same sound you have in your car, but it's a noise I found in mine around the same area.

I have this exact noise. Have you been able to stop it?

MANOFSTEEL69
07-21-2009, 04:47 AM
Here's something to check as well, that you might not have thought of. When you hear the buzzing sound.....Grab your keys. Sounds stupid, but that's what I found was causing the noise. Things inside of your arm rest against the side of it will also cause this buzzing sound.

walshie
07-21-2009, 06:26 AM
Mine is coming back and getting worse. Its now the trim piece in front of the cupholder. Dealer can hear it but couldn't fix it. Also have one in the pass rear area behind the door. They can also hear that one but need the car again for more time.

wreckwriter
07-21-2009, 06:30 AM
A few quarters in the coin holders will buzz too.

Chewy
07-21-2009, 07:46 AM
This is actually a noise I don't yet have...

I have 62.5sqft of Raamatt to get installed... Hoping for Sunday morning...

Crazy_A
08-09-2009, 06:04 AM

I have EXACTLY this problem and it just started yesterday at around 5k miles. I also noticed a vibration rattling sound around my front passenger door area, but I have not pinpointed it yet. If anyone has ideas on how to fix this other than going into sport mode, please let me know. It's very annoying. As if the noise from the A/C wasn't bad enough...the rubber flap thingy vibrates inside the vent.

stryker g8gt
08-09-2009, 10:17 AM
Guys that buzzing was designed by the Aussies..........it is your beer alert. When your beer can is empty or missing, it buzzes........... better know as your BCA chime.

cpd004
08-09-2009, 12:31 PM
My dealer ordered a shifter assembly for me, I'm just afraid to have them replace it. My car has been there twice and both times there has been damage to it. I haven't decided weather to let them do it or have another dealer try it.