PDA

View Full Version : Bluestar not working?

norm8332
05-14-2009, 08:04 AM
My bluestar stopped working correctly all of a sudden. I push the phone button and my phone responds but the music on the radio etc stays on and nothing happens in the car. I did disconnect the battery since the last time I used it.

Anyone have this problem or maybe my unit went bad? I wonder if the onstar has to be connected during a power disconnect/re-connect for the HU to recognize and the required functionality to be active?

Anyone disconnect their battery who has this?

Chewy
05-14-2009, 08:07 AM
I'd try the hookup process all over again and relink the phone to it and see what happens. Mine should be in shortly...

Chris

norm8332
05-14-2009, 08:13 AM
I'd try the hookup process all over again and relink the phone to it and see what happens. Mine should be in shortly...

Chris

Thanks, I tried this..no dice. The only thing I haven't tried yet (I'm at work) is reconnecting the Onstar box and disconnecting/reconnecting the battery. My thinking its that the onstar may communicate with the HU at that time.

norm8332
06-03-2009, 12:55 PM
FYI:

Response from CoStar:

Hi Norm,

I have heard that about this problem.
You need to reinstall the onstar module temporarily to resynchronize the radio. Than you can reinstall the BlueSTAR and it should work fine.

I’m working on a fix for this, but for now, that is what you have to do, should you remove the battery.

Thanks and sorry for the trouble.

-Chris

I guessed right.