PDA

View Full Version : Pedders Systems Info Request

Panzer Leader
05-13-2009, 06:33 PM
I really hate to post this as a new thread but I think the onion is about peeled back. So here goes nothing. Seems everyone agrees on the following points:
1.) OEM Strut Bearings and bushing is toast from the shipment over.
2.) OEM Strut Bearing and bushing is not great.
3.) Pedders is the way to go. Wow far to go? See below.

OK final questions, Will the Pedders Street II solve all the problems? Is the Pedders Strut assembly itself a better design than the OEM which everyone says is a poor design? Do the increased size sway bars worth it? Is the strut tower support brace worth it? Yea I know, "depends on what you are looking for"?

Thats it
Thanks

Chewy
05-14-2009, 08:25 AM
Are you going to road course the car? Then a strut brace would make sense. I am going to do some SCCA with mine and I didn't get one.

The Street II is a nice kit but if you don't want to spend as much coin you can go with the touring kit and get all the upgraded struts, strut bearings and bushings as well as springs and rear subframe bushes for about 1000 bucks plus install.

Pedders struts are nitrogen charged instead of just oil and air. The bushings are the same design but beefed up internally so they don't squash as badly.

BMWHunter
05-14-2009, 09:28 AM
The Pedders Sway Bars are worth it. However, as the product info suggests, these are just a compliment to the improvement that you'll get with the bushings.

The Street II will solve the core problems...notably with the change to the rear bushings.

The STB is the final cap on the system. In of itself, it does not provide a large amount of improvement to the car, as the chassis is already very good.

Panzer Leader
05-14-2009, 10:34 AM
Thanks

HaddadMotorsports
05-14-2009, 11:17 AM
The street II is a very good suspension solution and should take care of all of your issues.

http://www.haddadmotorsports.com/catalog/suspension-packages-c-65_115_154.html?page=2&sort=2a

Thanks
Mike Haddad