PDA

View Full Version : Fuel injection cleaner

S&W 44 Mag
09-06-2008, 05:08 AM
Fuel injection cleaner should you use it every 3,000 miles or do you think it’s already in the gas…

GRRRR8
09-06-2008, 06:47 AM
Every 6k. I bottle of Berryman is good.

MissNaySimon
09-06-2008, 06:52 AM
Where I work recommends every 15k. But we use a three part system.

EC-Ryder
09-06-2008, 07:29 AM
I have never used fuel injector cleaner in any of my personal vehicles and have not had any fuel system related problems.
However, I have always used top tier quality same brand fuel from the same 1-2 local gas stations when possible and never let my tank go below 1/4 full, as the fuel pump needs to be submerged at all times and it may help control condensation as well as keep some heavier dirt particles that maybe in the gas to settle down to the bottom and not flow thru the fuel components thereby prolonging their useful life. :worthy:

However, professionally in our fleet we went with the lowest priced bidder and not necessarily best quality fuel and consequently we had a fair share of fuel system related concerns. :eek:

For such issues, we used Berryman fuel system cleaner with good results. But personally I would not like to use fuel cleaners unless it is to the point were it would affect performance, as the chemicals are abrasive and I would much rather not to run them thru my fuel system components except as a last resort. :repair:

But that’s just me!

Cheers!

Chewy
09-06-2008, 07:38 AM
BG is the best NQA!

http://www.bgprod.com/products/fuelair.html

I have found Seafoam to be pretty damn good too.

GRRRR8
09-06-2008, 07:50 AM
The problem with Seafoam and BG is we have an electronic throttle body and plastic intake. I have seen many vehicles after 3 part systems or running cleaners through the vac line that the intake seals start to leak and or throttle body issues. If you run good gas and oil 12mos or 12k is fine

S&W 44 Mag
09-07-2008, 07:47 AM
Thanks very good info…For me I may use it once a year when I’m traveling and can run it through the tank in a few hours…My G8 GT (when it gets here) will be left a the garage most of the time…And that’s only because I’m still working…I have a Shell and a BP Amoco at the end of the road…Normally I use BP…Thanks again for the info….Fred