PDA

View Full Version : Atari gauge scanner replacement.

insert_name_here
05-13-2009, 11:40 AM
Alright, first post time.

Before i ask, i did do search for this and couldn't find much other than the GPS mod.

I'm wondering if anyone has done or has considered replacing the atari style center gauges with a scanner. I'm looking at the Uniden BCD996t, the dimensions for the unit are 7 1/3 Wide x 2 1/2 Highx 5 15/16 Deep, (this unit will fit in a single din space in a radio spot but i dont want to change the layout of the current radio/info screen in the console).

Just wondering if there's a kit out there that could replace the ataris with a single 'din' unit space or if anyone has looked into custom fab.

Got a project in mind but can't say too much for now. Will hopefully be posting teasers within the next month.

Thanks for any info you guys have. :)

Chewy
05-13-2009, 11:50 AM
I've seen someone fab up a din radio there but it took a lot of glass work and he lost his center speaker and it stuck out a lot because there's the vent ducts behind there to contend with.

fourthmeal
05-13-2009, 11:58 AM
?!?!?! There's a center speaker in this car?

Damn..I REALLY need to get my hands on one of these.

insert_name_here
05-13-2009, 12:12 PM
I've seen someone fab up a din radio there but it took a lot of glass work and he lost his center speaker and it stuck out a lot because there's the vent ducts behind there to contend with.

Oh that makes sense, and partially explains why the vents get moved with that in dash gps mod too.

I guess it's hard to tell with clearance unless you actually take the stuff apart which i may have to end up doing but we will see.

Thanks.

insert_name_here
05-13-2009, 12:39 PM
Does anyone have or know of a picture of the dash/console taken apart and a clear shot of the vents or the space behind the ataris?

Not asking for someone to take their car apart haha, but if there's already a picture out there i'd like a general idea before taking mine out.

Thanks.

-Ray-
05-13-2009, 01:55 PM
What you haven't searched?

G8GT721
05-13-2009, 02:28 PM
i would give you a link to the introduction page but i never did one either so......

heres a link to the JHP guage install http://www.jhp.com.au/g8partsdirect/InteriorAccessories/JHP-G8-Sports-Gauges-Instructions.pdf