PDA

View Full Version : Meh, electrical gremlin?

SFC
09-05-2008, 08:26 PM
So I noticed tonight when I got in the car, something was funky.

Turns out the lights for the heated seats aren't working, as well as the backlighting for the gear selector, and the overhead reading lights. The regular dome lights are just fine.

Is there a specific fuse the center console type stuff would be on? Looked through the manual and the fuse list and nothing jumped out at me. Tried pulling a few and checking them with no luck.

Thoughts?

SFC
09-05-2008, 09:09 PM
Tried F11, nada.

GRRRR8
09-06-2008, 03:16 AM
I will see what I can find when I get to work.

SFC
09-06-2008, 09:27 AM
Work as in you work weekends, or work as in Monday?

GRRRR8
09-06-2008, 09:49 AM
I work today, so far no bulletins. Busy right now, will check some info before I leave.

R.Penguin
09-06-2008, 07:13 PM
So I noticed tonight when I got in the car, something was funky.

Turns out the lights for the heated seats aren't working, as well as the backlighting for the gear selector, and the overhead reading lights. The regular dome lights are just fine.

Is there a specific fuse the center console type stuff would be on? Looked through the manual and the fuse list and nothing jumped out at me. Tried pulling a few and checking them with no luck.

Thoughts?
There are several wiring terminal blocks under the center console. My power windows quit awhile back. Pulled the console up ( all on nylon clips) and one of the plugs was loose.

SFC
09-11-2008, 07:51 PM
There are several wiring terminal blocks under the center console. My power windows quit awhile back. Pulled the console up ( all on nylon clips) and one of the plugs was loose.

huh, sounds interesting. I'll have to see if I can figure out how to get it off :)

SFC
09-11-2008, 07:56 PM

Huh, if you can take some pics of it removed, it would be much appreciated. I monkeyed with it a bit, and I don't see any easy way to get anything off there :D

SFC
09-15-2008, 06:14 PM
buMP... anyone taken apart the center console/shifter area?