PDA

View Full Version : Bcm????!!!!

Mlozano
05-13-2009, 06:06 AM
So i've been told there's a update that needs to be done on my BCM to help with some downshift issues, will that mess with my TCM/ECM tune? my tune is through EFI live so if they reflash either the TCM or ECM i'll lose the license. They won't go into the tranny to fix that internal leak for the hard 2-3 shift unless they update the software first. I don't want to pay another 150 bucks for the EFI license.

jbradsh1
05-13-2009, 06:21 AM
So i've been told there's a update that needs to be done on my BCM to help with some downshift issues, will that mess with my TCM/ECM tune? my tune is through EFI live so if they reflash either the TCM or ECM i'll lose the license. They won't go into the tranny to fix that internal leak for the hard 2-3 shift unless they update the software first. I don't want to pay another 150 bucks for the EFI license.

What down shift issues are you running up against?

wreckwriter
05-13-2009, 06:23 AM

EFILive? Who uses that? It can't be reflashed by the same tuner? That seems odd.

Mlozano
05-13-2009, 06:32 AM
I'm not having a downshift problem, i'm having a 2-3 upshift problem but they won't touch the tranny untill they first update the BCM to make sure it doesn't fix the probelm.

The guy who tuned it said if they reflash the TCM or ECM you would have to buy a new license for which ever was reflashed, but the dealership is messing with the BCM so i don't know if it will affect something.

EFILive license works really weird.

wreckwriter
05-13-2009, 06:36 AM
BCM= brake control module?

Sounds like you're screwed, dealer is not going to touch the trans without flashing TCM I'm pretty sure. Either before or after mechanical work I bet they flash it.

Sounds like a big downside to EFILive.

GTPprix
05-13-2009, 06:41 AM
BCM= Body Control Module and there are ZERO updates that pertain to anything transmission, nor would it ever have one unless the TUTD is run through the BCM on the G8 which escapes me at the moment but that would only affect manual mode then LOL

Mlozano
05-13-2009, 06:42 AM
Body Control Module

There's an ECM, TCM, BCM and ACM in these cars.

My TCM or ECM won't be flashed specifically, they replaced my TCM not too long ago so it's up to date, there's a new TSB for the BCM that came out about a month ago.

Just wondered if someone out there knew about this kinda stuff, wether that would mess with my TCM/ECM.

GTPprix
05-13-2009, 06:52 AM
There is also an EBCM - Electronic Brake Control Module.

Again no update for anything shifting related:

Controller: BCM Body Control Module

Calibration History for: Operating system
Part Number CVN Bulletin # Description
25910475 000038E9 - Operating system

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calibration History for: System
92203481 0000DD18 - System

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calibration History for: Charging/Energy Storage
92217744 00002E85 - New calibrations for start of production.
92203482 00006870 - Charging/Energy Storage

Calibration History for: Interior/Exterior lighting
92221962 000034CA - New calibration for running software change.
92220253 0000AE4C - New calibrations for start of production.
92203483 000039E3 - Interior/Exterior lighting

Calibration History for: Wiper Control
92201828 0000D89F - Wiper Control

Calibration History for: Locking
92221957 00007ED7 - New calibration for running software change.
92203485 00004BDE - Locking

M4455: There are 2 calibration part numbers that are valid for 'Theft deterrent alarm'. Read the descriptions from the following tables to determine the correct calibration for this vehicle.
Calibration History for: Theft deterrent alarm
92201844 0000B264 - North America/Middle East/Saudi Arabia
92201846 00008DCA - Theft deterrent alarm

92201845 00008A09 - South Africa
92201846 00008DCA - Theft deterrent alarm

Calibration History for: HVAC Control
92201829 0000F51B - HVAC Control

Calibration History for: Powertrain Control
92201837 00005A36 - Powertrain Control

Calibration History for: Chassis Control
92221959 0000C9CC - New calibration to address interior lighting issue
16005156 N/A - Chassis Control

Calibration History for: Driveline
92201830 00003E6B - Driveline

Mlozano
05-13-2009, 06:58 AM
I really don't see what the heck the BCM has to do with the shifting, man those guys are clueless, guess i'll just go over there and laugh at them in person.

EDIT: Anyone know what the TSB is for the internal transmission leak causing the hard 2-3 shift is? i've been looking for about an hour now and can't find it.

GTPprix
05-13-2009, 07:03 AM
It doesnt have anything to do with it UNLESS its using the BCM to send the messages to the TCM for the MANUAL TUTD mode only.

wreckwriter
05-13-2009, 07:10 AM
Make : PONTIAC Model : G8 Year : 2008
Manufacturer : GENERAL MOTORS CORP.
Service Bulletin Number : PIP-4395 Date of Bulletin : AUG 01, 2008
NHTSA Item Number : 10026149
Component : POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION

GMC: FLARE AND OR HARSH 2-3 SHIFTS. THIS CONDITION MAY BE CAUSED BY LEAKING 1-2-3-4 AND 3-5-R CLUTCH FLUID SEAL RINGS (230). MODELS CADILLACS, CHEVROLETS, GMC, HUMMERS, PONTIACS. EQUIPPED WITH 6L80 (RPO MYC) OR 6L90 (RPO MYD) AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION. *PE

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/tsbs/tsbsearch.cfm

Mlozano
05-13-2009, 07:20 AM
Bingo! that's the one thanks for the info and link.

Mlozano
05-13-2009, 06:37 PM
So after 20 minutes of the serivice guy giving me the run around he finally confessed they have no transmission guy. I'll visit another dealership a shop when i get back in town.

EDIT: Also turns out all the talk about updating BCM's was BS, he was just trying to dismiss me. Even after pointing out the TSB he insisted there's nothing they can do.

Mlozano
05-15-2009, 04:49 AM
Ok got an answer back from EFILive, they said it shouldn't be a problem, the license is attached to the ECM/TCM serial number, unless they replace them it would be fine. They also said updating the BCM would have no affect on the TCM/ECM tune.

Cliffy
05-17-2009, 05:58 AM
Having some trouble with GM's Service Information web site. I'll keep trying to get the GM doc. #/ Bulletin # for you.

NAiLs
05-30-2009, 01:56 PM
Make : PONTIAC Model : G8 Year : 2008
Manufacturer : GENERAL MOTORS CORP.
Service Bulletin Number : PIP-4395 Date of Bulletin : AUG 01, 2008
NHTSA Item Number : 10026149
Component : POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION

GMC: FLARE AND OR HARSH 2-3 SHIFTS. THIS CONDITION MAY BE CAUSED BY LEAKING 1-2-3-4 AND 3-5-R CLUTCH FLUID SEAL RINGS (230). MODELS CADILLACS, CHEVROLETS, GMC, HUMMERS, PONTIACS. EQUIPPED WITH 6L80 (RPO MYC) OR 6L90 (RPO MYD) AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION. *PE

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/tsbs/tsbsearch.cfm

Alright, I took my car to the dealer for this exact issue, only to come back with a reflashed TCM. I informed them of this bulletin, but they didn't seem to give two shits. With my reprogrammed TCM, they masked the problem a little more. I can get this to happen on occasion, but it's not nearly as often now. Previously I could do it all day with whatever TCM update was released around October/November. Was there some TCM update recently that upped the line pressure a bit?

Also, is there a particular RPM that this occurs the most? I've usually noticed it at lower RPM's, but never kept my eyes on the exact #. I need to figure out how to replicate this issue for when other parts come in, so I can show them how retarded they are.

Thanks!

-Brian

Mlozano
05-31-2009, 09:08 AM
Alright, I took my car to the dealer for this exact issue, only to come back with a reflashed TCM. I informed them of this bulletin, but they didn't seem to give two shits. With my reprogrammed TCM, they masked the problem a little more. I can get this to happen on occasion, but it's not nearly as often now. Previously I could do it all day with whatever TCM update was released around October/November. Was there some TCM update recently that upped the line pressure a bit?

Also, is there a particular RPM that this occurs the most? I've usually noticed it at lower RPM's, but never kept my eyes on the exact #. I need to figure out how to replicate this issue for when other parts come in, so I can show them how retarded they are.

Thanks!

-Brian

The issue is going to come right back once the re-tune settles in, the TCM has a learning feature where the tune changes over time. Once your tune settles in you'll see it all over again.

Considering it's a leak it's not going to happen under any specific condition, at leat that's what i've noticed, for me it's causing the hard shift at slow to hard accelaration 9 out of 10 times, at WOT i beilive it's causing a weird surge after the 2-3 shift where the RPM takes a dive twice right after the 2-3 shift. If you can't replicate it even once, just take it back to them and take them for a drive. I still haven't had the chance to take my car in, i'm waiting for a tranny guy to back to the dealer in want to have this serviced.