PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Rattle?

breakinparts
05-12-2009, 11:29 AM
Anyone else have a speaker rattle from the rear deck? It's pretty annoying, and from what I understand it does it on my service advisors G8 too. It's not like I play it loud or anything. :hang: Whats the best way to fix this?

JoeSyko
05-12-2009, 12:34 PM
Mine does it ever since I turned up the Bass in the amp. If you open your trunk and put pressure on the ceiling in the trunk compartment it should stop. I have stuffed rags up there with some success but it still rattles. I have decided that if I want it to stop I'm going to have to resort to using a product like dynomat to deaden/dampen the vibrations.

norm8332
05-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Clips, wires etc. in/on rear deck.

breakinparts
05-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Clips, wires etc. in/on rear deck.
I didn't understand what you were saying? What do you mean?

catalina421
05-12-2009, 02:59 PM
Does it rattle from something loose or is it from bass? I noticed a rattle today but it was still there when I turned the music down, seemed to come from the rear speaker deck.

done12many2
05-12-2009, 03:13 PM
Anyone else have a speaker rattle from the rear deck? It's pretty annoying, and from what I understand it does it on my service advisors G8 too. It's not like I play it loud or anything. :hang: Whats the best way to fix this?

I had a thread about my experience with my rear deck speakers. To make a long story short, there were no screws in one of the two speakers on my rear deck. They simply did not fasten the speaker down at all from the manufacturer. Not saying that this may be your problem, but it happened to me.

norm8332
05-12-2009, 04:02 PM
I didn't understand what you were saying? What do you mean?

If you look under the deck there are tons of clips that aren't necessarily tight, Loose wires resting against the metal between the deck, the grills themselves aren't tight etc.

Demos-Analem-Kratos
10-16-2010, 10:25 PM
Not to revive a super old thread... but i have a serious rattle developing under heavy bass and/or bumpy roads. Its coming from the rear deck. does anyone have any pictures or specific recommendations besides these? I am thinking about tearing it apart soon.
Thanks!

Virus
10-26-2010, 08:23 AM
There are quite a few things under the rear deck that are causing the rattles. I put Raamat on the top and bottom of the rear deck and cut the necessary material away from the punch through holes to fit the clips and the tar actually prevented the majority of the rattle. You could probably use some silicone sealant applied to the tabs on the devices and that would probably stop a great deal of the rattle. I also applied deadener to the front/back/bottom of the rear seats as well as connecting metals in the trunk area. I still have some more to complete, but I'm pretty close to rattle free.