PDA

View Full Version : Exxxxcited in the Mountains

xfactor
09-05-2008, 06:15 PM
First of all, thank all of you for all the information that you have posted. I have been viewing your forum for about a month. I want to hold out for a GXP but finding it quite hard. But thanks to the great pictures of your machines it makes it a little easier, sorta like having one in the garrage right now. My current stable has a '99 Grand Prix GT and '07 Tahoe. My wife tools around in the Tahoe with our twins and I drive the GP to and from work. I am sold on GM's quality, I have owned several makes over the years and find that GM over all is a lot better. I have said for since we bought the GP new that I would love to have more hp, rear wheel drive, and a manual xmsn. My GP has 4 doors, who knew that they were listening!

I am dieing to get more info on the GXP to make sure that I am making the right choice. My wife is encouraging and tells me to wait because it is what I want. I have hundreds of questions for you all so I wanted to start a thread where I can vet them out without high jacking one of yours, so forgive me if I change subject later on.

I have drove 2 09 GT's (respectfully driven as I knew I would not be the owner) One with all options $34K and one w/o the sunroof and other options $32K. My wife enjoyed it as much as I. The problem is we live in the mountains of TN and the dealers are fairly low volume so they are not prevy to info or cars, none of them can tell me much, but I have asked one to try and find out more. Anyway back to my questions...

I will start with a couple of simple questions:

1. what is the little hook on the inside of the trunk lid for?
2. how many holes are in the truck lid and what did you do about them when you changed to the Holden fin/wing?

jnak
09-05-2008, 07:24 PM
Welcome around! Glad you joined us.

The hook in the trunk lid is used to hold up the spare tire/tire inflator cover in the trunk. There's a cable you pull to lift up the cover, and you hook the cable to the hook on the trunk lid so it stays up and out of your way.

I don't know the answer to question 2.

GRRRR8
09-06-2008, 03:12 AM
X from everything I can find out you have to have holes filled to do Holden spoiler. I want this too!

Ghouse1803
09-06-2008, 05:47 AM
are you serious thats what that hook is for.. I feel real dumb ive been woundering about that since i bought her!!

jnak
09-06-2008, 06:19 AM
If it makes you feel better, I had to look in the manual to figure out how to open the gas door. I was looking for a button or something in the cab to open it since it doesn't have the notch to pull it open like other GM cars.

xfactor
09-08-2008, 03:06 PM
Thanks all for the input. So the local guy at the lot tells me that the GXP will not be out until next summer from what his manager is telling him, WTF! From everything I've read from you guys that is horse ^%$#. I think what it is that they are low volume so they don't know. I guess I need to go to a larger city, Knoxville or Charlotte. Any suggestions? I live in the NE corner of TN, 10 miles from VA and 15 miles from NC.

The GXP post today with the increase in the horse power is exciting! Same as everyone else, I just wish they could tell us more.

I read a lot about the 1/4 mile and 0-60 but do any of you guys live in the mountains like I do? How does she handle thru the curves? It's a lot of weight, does it feel big? I'm a big BMW fan, currently housing my Dad's M Roadster which is fun in the curves. It's nice here, either 15 miles on interstate to work or 10 miles thru curves so sharp I scratch my headlight on my rear bumper. So I have fun either way. Let me know what you have experienced. Thanx

EC-Ryder
09-08-2008, 03:44 PM
I would agree with the wife and recommend U hold out for what U really want.

Moreover, the GXP is destined to become a classic either way the sales go IMO, and that alone is worth the wait for me. A bimmer is a bimmer and will always be so, but the potential; of the GXP for me would be worth it all. :thumbsup:

I can also tell U I don’t think you’ll miss the bimmer especially if U get the 19” wheels. I find the bimmer’s ride somewhat harsher to justify the small gain as u can’t really tell that much of a difference in handling unless you are really pushing hard, which u probably are, and I therefore would recommend that U get a Pedders suspension upgrade to level your playing field. I personally prefer the G8’s overall balance in ride. :angeldevil:

But that’s me!

Cheers!

xfactor
09-12-2008, 05:14 PM
Alright guys, getting a little closer. Contacted several dealers in a 150 mile radius. I got answers from arriving next summer to I don't know. The most promising said that the allocations will be available in late NOV/ early DEC and the delivery should be 4-6 weeks later. He also said they have a waiting list. It has 3 people on it. I can get on it if I pony up $1000 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit.

So I want to know your thoughts on this. I am not sure because it is NON-REFUNDABLE and they cannot even tell me what the price is! I am sure I am going to buy one but it is sorta like a gamble. How do I know they are not doing a bait and switch? How do I know I can even work a deal with them? But they are at least telling me something. Lost in the mountains.

Whatca think?

GRRRR8
09-12-2008, 05:21 PM
I went through this when I got on the Mach 1 list. FK that non-refundable shit! That guarantees a price gouge is coming! Here is what I heard: The highest volume of Pontiac performance cars will get the most of them allotted and costs are going to be 40+minimum, dont be surprised to see them for 50+ from greedy dealers. Thats why I didnt wait.

Art708
09-13-2008, 05:46 PM
I went through this when I got on the Mach 1 list. FK that non-refundable shit! That guarantees a price gouge is coming! Here is what I heard: The highest volume of Pontiac performance cars will get the most of them allotted and costs are going to be 40+minimum, dont be surprised to see them for 50+ from greedy dealers. Thats why I didnt wait.

Price gouging! I was told by one of the Ford dealers here that they had a new Mustang Shelby 500 coming in. I waited around and sure nuff...here it came...NICE! Ok..I look at the window sticker..MSRP is like 47K. I'm like, I can do that, then I look and they have a 15K markup penned onto the bottom of the sticker. I said bye bye and bought my G8 the next day. I traded my '06 Vette and got some good bucks back plus the '09 GT. Not a bad deal said I, not bad at all.