PDA

View Full Version : 1997 Grand Am SE

DQGTO
05-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Hey guys. I know your sick of me trying to sell my old cars on here but oh well lol. This one is my most recent gem, a 1997 Grand Am SE 4 door. It has the 2.4L Direct Injection 4 cyl. Its a light green color. It has just under 150K miles. Good station car, or good to learn how to drive on. Its currently in BALTIMORE, MD, if your interested please PM me. I am asking like 500 bucks, or whatever you want to give me for it really. Only catch is that I need it GONE by May 20th. If this post is still up and it isnt sold by then you can close it. Thank you fellas and I hope someone wants this.

I am also trying to sell my other car, a 1998 Grand Prix SE, Dark green. I have it posted on here as well, its in NY though (my hometown)

I attached a pic of what the car is, it is NOT my car. However, it is the SAME COLOR, SAME WHEELS, its just a 4 door not a 2 door as shown. I will get a pic of my car the next time I feel like driving 20 mins to the dealership where my car is sitting right now since I bought a G6.

Thanks,

Donald

the driver
05-11-2009, 06:07 AM
If this car was closer, I'd be all over it. Bring the Grand Am home with you and trade in the Grand Prix instead.:wacko:

Direct Injection?!:nah:

DQGTO
05-11-2009, 06:22 AM
lol yeah the Grand Prix wont move without a Tow right now, as the head gasket blew. Yeah it has direct injection, thats what it is called correct? lol. Each Cyl has its own plug OBVIOUSLY but then a coil pack for each. Im pretty sure thats called direct injection lol. Someone is coming to look at it today and they offered me 700. We shall see, considering the dealership wanted to give me 87 bucks for it as a trade. 87 bucks!!! LOL

the driver
05-11-2009, 06:33 AM
Direct Ignition, sir. You got it. If it had direct injection, it could possibly have been the rarest Pontiac ever built.

That's unfortunately a pretty average trade in value for a car that's more than 10 years old. Especially one that has shitty resale value to begine with. My dealer gave me $5k for my 01 Altima with 129k on it!!!

camoeto
05-11-2009, 07:04 AM
Aren't you looking for a new G8 right now? If so, couldn't you wait a little longer until the "cash for clunkers" program goes into effect and and get more money for this car or both of the cars you are trying to sell?

DQGTO
05-11-2009, 07:16 AM
Sadly, I came out of the clouds and realized that I couldnt comfortably afford a G8 yet as I am just graduating college and only will be making what the sticker is on a G8 in my first year. And with the huge amount of loans I owe I just cant do it. I just bought a brand new G6 instead, much better price for me. It sucks but its true. The engine isnt the original though in the car, its off of a Skylark, killing any cool value of the car anyways! lol

G8GT721
05-11-2009, 05:53 PM
lol yeah the Grand Prix wont move without a Tow right now, as the head gasket blew. Yeah it has direct injection, thats what it is called correct? lol. Each Cyl has its own plug OBVIOUSLY but then a coil pack for each. Im pretty sure thats called direct injection lol. Someone is coming to look at it today and they offered me 700. We shall see, considering the dealership wanted to give me 87 bucks for it as a trade. 87 bucks!!! LOL

talk about a slap in the face

G8GT594
05-11-2009, 07:39 PM

Dealers are horse shit when it comes to trade. I was going to trade in my truck with 30k miles on in EXCELLENT condition, KBB on it was 13k private seller. Dealer wanted to give me 7k. I laughed.

GeoffA
05-11-2009, 08:58 PM
i'll give you 89 4 both

DQGTO
05-11-2009, 08:59 PM
lol man i figured id see, i mean i wasnt expecting more than like 250 from the dealer but 87!! :puke: Oh well, private sale is always the way to go man. I got another guy checking it out tomorrow that offered me 850 for it, guess he took or best offer seriously? as I am asking 750 on CL. The catch is he wants to pay me in 2 installments, 450 first, 400 later, later being May 29th.....fishy to me but I will entertain the idea. I figured I will try to get like 600 from him instead and then this way if I get burned for the other 250 then it isnt that bad considering my trade in price and the BB on this is 525 in poor condition, which id say it is a step above at best.

DQGTO
05-11-2009, 09:00 PM
i'll give you 89 4 both

How about a trade, straight up, your G8 for my Grand Am!:nah:

GeoffA
05-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Ok Let's do that :woohoo:

. ( I don't own a G8 yet ha ha 2 free cars for me)

DQGTO
05-12-2009, 10:33 AM
lol i meant when you GET ur GXP lol.

Anyway, I just sold it to a guy down here for 600 so we can close this wonderful thread if you feel like it mods. Thanks