PDA

View Full Version : Graft Hood Scoops into Holden Hood?

deputycrawford
05-08-2009, 04:56 PM
My body guy wants to put the Holden bumper on the car and see if he can trim the hood center back and fold it back over to look stock. If the hood support is too much work, he wants to cut the scoops out and graft them in the Holden hood. I guess its personal choice but how far do I go? I actually like the smooth look. Can anybody photo shop a black Holden with the scoops and see if we can take a vote?

MANOFSTEEL69
05-08-2009, 06:16 PM
If you're going Holden...go Holden.
Oh and the prices you got are in the right ball park, but I think my guy will do you a better job as he loves our car, and his other guy is a Pontiac nut and loves to work on them. ;)

Darkside
05-08-2009, 08:49 PM
I thought about this and not sure if its possible or not. Depending on what he is going to charge to try it out. I plan on a Gts conversion later in the summer and still want to maintain the snorkel look. They make a steel hood over in AU that is very similar to ours. Not the cheapest by any means but I only want to do it once.

Never mind the odd color:

http://www.spoilershop.com.au/store/images/uploads/VE_GTO_BONNET.jpg

deputycrawford
05-09-2009, 04:02 AM
Thanks for the pic Darkside. I am mixed on it. I do think the car looks "mean" again with the scoops but have grown on the smooth look. I am just excited to get the stuff on the car. I will think about it, but I also believe Jay is right. If I go Holden, then just go Holden. I will be representing the car as it should look in that configuration.
So many things we can do to our cars to make them standout.

I have to learn to photo shop.

Jerry

KLRG8
05-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Man, i think that looks tough.