PDA

View Full Version : Question on tuners

G8+6=fun
05-08-2009, 04:06 PM
If I get the HP turner is it all set for basic tune or do I have to change it all myself. I read that the Superchips comes with a tune already if I am correct on this. I am not into a lot of electronics so I hope some-one might point me in a direction where I can get this hesitation out of this G8. Dealer said normal I say it is something else all i know it should not be there. When I go to pass and floor it it bogs down for a second and then goes. Idle rough when it is cold does ok once it is in operating temp. I don't want to do a lot of mods to this so I am looking for a easy fix.
Thanks if some-one can help me out.

G8-4-Speed
05-08-2009, 04:25 PM
If I get the HP turner is it all set for basic tune or do I have to change it all myself. I read that the Superchips comes with a tune already if I am correct on this. I am not into a lot of electronics so I hope some-one might point me in a direction where I can get this hesitation out of this G8. Dealer said normal I say it is something else all i know it should not be there. When I go to pass and floor it it bogs down for a second and then goes. Idle rough when it is cold does ok once it is in operating temp. I don't want to do a lot of mods to this so I am looking for a easy fix.

HP Tuner just allows you to adjust the stock tune. You have to know what to adjust to tune it.

PerfectD3
05-08-2009, 06:28 PM

From what you've said here, I'd say go with a superchips tuner. If your willing to put in the time, you'll get better results with HPT and a WB02. By time, I mean every second of your free time READING, READING, a little tinkering, MORE READING, and finally tuning. There are times I wish I went with the VMS powerflash or Livernois setup *which is another option, better than the Superchips* but you can't beat a good self tune.