PDA

View Full Version : Track II plus BMR Trailing Arms = What?

BMWHunter
05-08-2009, 09:12 AM
I will be getting the Track II with Drop from Rob at WMS as well as the BMR Trailing Arms installed this Monday. What kind of ride will result? Overly harsh? Or just marginally stiffer than with just the Track II alone?

I know that the Track II will tighten and stiffen everything. The question is whether or not the addition of the Trailing Arms will result in an "extra stiff" ride.

Chewy
05-08-2009, 09:17 AM
The trailing arms don't stiffen the ride. They just keep the front to back wheel movement to a minimum.

I had just the arms for about 2 weeks and noticed ZERO ride difference. With the struts and springs the ride IS stiffer but in a good way.

Chris

r33pwrd
05-08-2009, 09:17 AM
I will be getting the Track II with Drop from Rob at WMS as well as the BMR Trailing Arms installed this Monday. What kind of ride will result? Overly harsh? Or just marginally stiffer than with just the Track II alone?

I know that the Track II will tighten and stiffen everything. The question is whether or not the addition of the Trailing Arms will result in an "extra stiff" ride.

I think you wont even notice the trailing arms until you go to launch hard and the wheel hop is not there... trailing arms are probably not needed in all reality but after a good friend of mine had one break on a car (causing him to hit the wall non G8) i was totally OK with an over built part on the rear suspension.

-Ray-
05-08-2009, 09:18 AM
I have the trailing arms and didn't notice any difference in ride quality. I also didn't experience any difference in ride height. I have a Street II set up on my G8.

BMWHunter
05-08-2009, 09:20 AM
Are the BMR bushings in the Trailing Arms "more stiff" than Pedders?

-Ray-
05-08-2009, 09:21 AM
Hard to say, I didn't have a durometer handy. :)

Chewy
05-08-2009, 09:36 AM
The BMR only replace the ONE bushing on the top/front frame mount while the pedders kit replaces both. Just the one made an UBER difference on mine but I'd like to replace the other as well. I wish they sold just those.

Chris

BMWHunter
05-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Just got Pedderized. Rob at Wretched Motorsports just completed the installation of the Track II with Drop, including the install of the BMR Trailing Arms!

The handling is superb! The car just doesn't lean on the corners now. Everything is firmly planted on the road. I have all-season 18's and the handling is sweet. The ride with the 18's is just wonderful. I believe if I had the 19's, the ride would be too harsh.

The car sits lower with the Drop package and the look is just so "intimidating".

Will give pics soon.

Special thanks to Rob at Wretched Motorsports for his total professionalism and his commitment to getting the job done RIGHT!

So....I guess I'm now a "Pedderfile"?!?!? (Have a seat over there?)

GeorgeInNePa
05-12-2009, 07:35 PM
The BMR only replace the ONE bushing on the top/front frame mount while the pedders kit replaces both. Just the one made an UBER difference on mine but I'd like to replace the other as well. I wish they sold just those.

Chris

They do.

http://wretchedms.com/product_info.php?cPath=200_62_100_106&products_id=174

http://wretchedms.com/images/7266-800.png

Buy just one kit, that will take care of the trailing arm at the knuckle on both sides.

BMR Suspension
05-14-2009, 09:58 AM
Are the BMR bushings in the Trailing Arms "more stiff" than Pedders?

BMR Trailing Arm bushings have a 95 durometer rating. That's comparable to bushings made by Energy Suspension or Prothane. Most American bushing companies make bushings in the 88 - 95 range.

Most Australian bushing companies make bushings that are much softer. I can't speak for all of them. You can send us your bushing and we'll test it for you...no charge.