PDA

View Full Version : traction control on vs. Traction control off

09gtt
05-07-2009, 05:34 PM
I was just wondering how people feel about tc? I hear that it is better to race with it off because it's not only traction control it's torque managment. Just by my experiences my car is much faster with it on. I raced my buddies Sti which has 330 to the wheels with the traction control on I beat him even off the line. Then I raced another g8 gt with it off all I did was spin and he would get me by a car. With the traction control on I was beating him by a min of 2-3 cars. I just want to hear other people opinions on it.

96Prix
05-07-2009, 06:48 PM
I haven't done much head to head, but just ripping out of stop signs I don't notice a huge difference. I drive with it off most of the time, but the times I leave it on and try to launch hard to see where the "limit" is, it won't kick in. The car plants better than I expected in general, but with TC off I get some pretty heavy wheel hop if I'm too far into the pedal, with TC on it seems to squat and go when I expect to see the stability intervention graphic. I consider my results far from conclusive, but it has surprised me a bit.

fiveoh
05-07-2009, 07:16 PM
You have a converter. With traction control off you need to feather it. That should yield best results(i.e. fastest times)

09gtt
05-07-2009, 07:22 PM
I forgot to mention this is launching at 1200. Tc off nothing but wheel spin shit if I launch at idle it spins through 1st with it off. Tc on a little spin and it hooks.

DewieJr
05-08-2009, 12:34 AM
On the street, I get better launches with TC on, mainly because of road variations and such. I've never had the engine cut power on me or anything because of TC kicking in so hard. I think with good traction and some seat time learning how much throttle to apply as you gain HP, is the key, regardless of TC on or off.

Overall the consenus is to leave it OFF at the track, which I have done with decent results, although I've only been to the track 1 time with this car, and did get some nice wheelspin with TC off.

09gtt
05-08-2009, 12:54 AM
That is exactly what I do leave it off on the track because the surface is much better..n leave it on when I'm on the streets. For some reason I can't feather the pedal my foot just pounces on it everytime.

zosoboogie
05-08-2009, 05:40 AM
my experience at Sebring I thought I was going to go with traction control off and the difference was almost hitting the wall and staying off the wall!

locrzn#92
05-08-2009, 05:45 AM
I think you have answered your own question, on for the street and off for the track.