PDA

View Full Version : Finally taking my G8 in for service...

snowmunky
05-07-2009, 11:17 AM
Tired of the confused transmission (have never had the TCM update done...) and no A/C....

Called both local Pontiac dealers, first one I was NOT impressed with... they didn't want to hear anything I had to say... just kept reiterating "we'll have to drive the car and duplicate any issues you are describing"... finally told them nevermind and that I would find someone else to do the warranty work.

Called the other dealer and was very impressed with their service dept. Explained my issues and the service tech said "Yup, I've seen that on the G8's, we'll just need to update the TCM program and recharge the a/c... should take us about an hour total".

So, it goes in Monday morning to get the a/c charged and TCM update... looking forward to the results! :woohoo:

Oh, and here's a random pic after I detailed it this past weekend:
http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss308/snowmunky/0503091457b.jpg

confused2much
05-07-2009, 11:22 AM
Car looks great after the detail. Good luck at the dealership, I have not had great experiences with them myself. But I did get the flash done on mine and you can notice the difference right away.

snowmunky
05-07-2009, 11:38 AM
Car looks great after the detail. Good luck at the dealership, I have not had great experiences with them myself. But I did get the flash done on mine and you can notice the difference right away.

Thanks man... and those are crappy 2MP cell phone pics... looks even better in person! Love IOM!

I'm hoping that the TCM update will be as noticeable as everyone says... and am assuming it will be...TCM doesn't know what to do most of the time and it irks the crap out of me...

SRG963
05-07-2009, 11:55 AM
Yup. I drove to my closest dealer, looked around and asked a couple questions. Wasn't impressed with the answers, and left never to return. I now drive 30 minutes for service, it's worth it.

bics56
06-25-2009, 09:42 AM
Any update of how the TCM update went?

snowmunky
06-25-2009, 01:13 PM
Any update of how the TCM update went?

Bringing it back from the dead, lol...

TCM update went fantastic, made a WORLD of difference. No more laggy shifts between 10-25mph.. it hits 1st gear FAST. Fixed most the issues I had with the trans... still needs a tune as the shifts are still dog slow and have WAY too much torque mgmt.

IN regards to the A/C... ended up being that my a/c compressor was toast, something about the clutch being broken... so the dealership had to replace my a/c compressor at < 10K miles... but I'm glad I have a/c now! Been stupid hot here lately...