PDA

View Full Version : Virginia Lemon Law?

Virus
05-04-2009, 01:19 PM
I'm just wondering if anyone has had a car refunded or replaced under the VA or any other lemon law. VA states if the dealer fails to correct the same issue 3 times or the loss of use of your car for 30 days within 18 months of purchase you can file for lemon law protection. I'm in for round two for the same suspension issue and I'm not hopeful.

Chewy
05-04-2009, 01:28 PM
Do you like the car? Pedderize it!

norm8332
05-04-2009, 02:24 PM
Lemon it only if you want a different car. I would try another dealer.

Virus
05-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Actually, the dealer that is servicing it has been great or at least they are willing to work with me to get it resolved. I'm just irritated that I have to keep asking people for rides to and from work because a car that's a week old has been in the shop so many days. I'm certainly not in love with the car thus far. The radio is horrible so I am going to have to yank all the speakers and subs out and replace them. While I would like to Pedderize it, I don't want to throw any money towards it until I feel comfortable it's not going to break down on me.

norm8332
05-04-2009, 03:53 PM
I was pretty mad too when my fuel pump went at 2000 miles and I had to wait a month(!) for the part to come in. Mine was "lemonable" But I decided to keep it and now I'm glad I did. I haven't had a single problem since. 1yr now.

I've already sunk a ton in mods and no regrets.

g8_795
05-04-2009, 04:07 PM
It isn't Koon's is it?

Virus
05-04-2009, 05:01 PM
Yes it's Koons. Although I hate their sales department, their service has been ok so far. Any input?

g8_795
05-05-2009, 04:00 PM
I have had no luck with their service department. I will never bring my car there ever again. One of the last times I brought my car back there, they destroyed my interior trying to get to the air bag module. They broke and scratch a half of a dozen pieces. This occurred about a year ago and I am still waiting on parts. The worst part about it, is that they didn't even mention anything about the broken parts. I was so pissed to say the least. Also, while bringing the car in for the air bad module ordeal they put over 40 miles on my car. The next time I went in I made sure they knew about this and the guys told me that it would not happen again and wrote down the mileage like normal. When I went to pick the car back up, they once again put over 40 miles again on the car. When I brought this to their attention they said that they must have written the mileage down wrong. Once again, very pissed. I brought it in for some of the parts later, and made the guy sign his name and I signed my name on the mileage on the form. In short, I don't trust them as far as I could throw them.
-Robert

g8_795
05-05-2009, 04:38 PM
BTW. Why are you not getting a loaner car?

Virus
05-05-2009, 05:24 PM
BTW. Why are you not getting a loaner car?

They said they don't have loaner cars and GM won't authorize a loaner car unless they have to keep the car overnight. I took the car to them today and took a ride with a tech and he heard the creaking and clunking. Where do you take your car now? What color G8 do you have? I've seen a white G8 and a gray G8 in the area.

g8_795
05-05-2009, 05:34 PM
They said they don't have loaner cars and GM won't authorize a loaner car unless they have to keep the car overnight. I took the car to them today and took a ride with a tech and he heard the creaking and clunking. Where do you take your car now? What color G8 do you have? I've seen a white G8 and a gray G8 in the area.

I do most of the work myself now or I bring it to Kurry Automotive in Gainesville. They do a very good job and I trust them a whole lot more.

They are lying about the loaner car. I demanded a loaner car each time I was in there even if it was only for a day. I got one each time. Once, they tried sticking me in a really small compact. I went back in and demanded something similar to the G8 in size and quality. They drove to another rental location and brought me back an Equinox.

I never see G8's around, but I did see a white one today on 66 when stuck in traffic. I have an MGM. A guy that lives down the street also has a MGM.

I live in Haymarket. Where are you located?
-Robert

Virus
05-05-2009, 05:59 PM
I do most of the work myself now or I bring it to Kurry Automotive in Gainesville. They do a very good job and I trust them a whole lot more.

They are lying about the loaner car. I demanded a loaner car each time I was in there even if it was only for a day. I got one each time. Once, they tried sticking me in a really small compact. I went back in and demanded something similar to the G8 in size and quality. They drove to another rental location and brought me back an Equinox.

I never see G8's around, but I did see a white one today on 66 when stuck in traffic. I have an MGM. A guy that lives down the street also has a MGM.

I live in Haymarket. Where are you located?
-Robert

Right down Old Carolina Rd. across from Wegmans. I've seen just 3 G8's on the road which is one reason the car is so appealing. I saw a white one on Devlin Rd. in Bristow, a White GXP on 66 between Centreville and Manassas and a MGM this past weekend on Rt. 29 that took a left by the old Wendy's. If I have to take it in again for an extended period I may ask them for a rental. I am fortunate that I have a neighbor that works on the same street as I do and a coworker that lives close to me as well so getting rides isn't difficult, but I hate putting people out. Where do you take your car for warranty service? I forgot about Curry's. Would you trust them to put the Pedders Street II on? I will never take my car to Gainesville Goodyear again. They really messed up my G35's rims and can't align a car to save their lives. They over tightened my neighbors oil drain bolt and cracked the oil pan. I normally go to Piedmont for balance and alignment since they have the Hunter Road Force balancer.

g8_795
05-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Right down Old Carolina Rd. across from Wegmans. I've seen just 3 G8's on the road which is one reason the car is so appealing. I saw a white one on Devlin Rd. in Bristow, a White GXP on 66 between Centreville and Manassas and a MGM this past weekend on Rt. 29 that took a left by the old Wendy's. If I have to take it in again for an extended period I may ask them for a rental. I am fortunate that I have a neighbor that works on the same street as I do and a coworker that lives close to me as well so getting rides isn't difficult, but I hate putting people out. Where do you take your car for warranty service? I forgot about Curry's. Would you trust them to put the Pedders Street II on? I will never take my car to Gainesville Goodyear again. They really messed up my G35's rims and can't align a car to save their lives. They over tightened my neighbors oil drain bolt and cracked the oil pan. I normally go to Piedmont for balance and alignment since they have the Hunter Road Force balancer.

I live off 55 between 66 and 29. My daughter goes to school close to where you live it sounds like. I don't know about Kurry's installing the Pedder's. I would probably go in there and talk with some of their guys. They seem to be pretty honest in what they can and can't do. I haven't had any warranty work done except for the air bag module. I pretty much voided my power train warranty at this point.

Virus
05-05-2009, 06:57 PM
Buckland Mills? That's where my daughter goes and my son will be going there next fall.

g8_795
05-05-2009, 07:05 PM
Buckland Mills? That's where my daughter goes and my son will be going there next fall.

That is funny. My son will also be going there in the fall also. I coached my daughters basketball team there this year. It was a blast.

bobyoung
05-08-2009, 08:32 PM
Actually, the dealer that is servicing it has been great or at least they are willing to work with me to get it resolved. I'm just irritated that I have to keep asking people for rides to and from work because a car that's a week old has been in the shop so many days. I'm certainly not in love with the car thus far. The radio is horrible so I am going to have to yank all the speakers and subs out and replace them. While I would like to Pedderize it, I don't want to throw any money towards it until I feel comfortable it's not going to break down on me.

All you have to do is turn up the sub amp in the trunk near the battery, it's set at half volume from the factory and when up full makes a world of difference.