PDA

View Full Version : Shifter Moving while braking ??

gtp40th
05-04-2009, 10:19 AM
Is anyone else feel this.
I notice that thw other day, i was on the auto mode (D) and while i was braking to a complete stop, i felt the shifter moving forward, and when i started back it move backward . I look like the trannny is moving.. Is it normal???

It's A G8!
05-04-2009, 04:25 PM
I dont think its normal but I have felt a little movement when I do the same thing. I usually drive with my hand on the shifter as if it were a manual.

GRRRR8
05-04-2009, 04:59 PM
It is a linkage type shifter so I wouldnt think anything with engine or trans mounts could cause it. I think I would be looking at shifter mountings 1st.

gtp40th
05-04-2009, 06:08 PM
I dont think its normal but I have felt a little movement when I do the same thing. I usually drive with my hand on the shifter as if it were a manual.

I usualy drive with my thand on the shifter too.. i feel mostly on the way bottom near the plastic trim.. feelm pretty weird.. never felt this on my 06 GP GXP..

It's A G8!
05-04-2009, 07:10 PM
It is a linkage type shifter so I wouldnt think anything with engine or trans mounts could cause it. I think I would be looking at shifter mountings 1st.

I know it is a link type shifter and that's why I was not to worried. If it got to loose then I would look into it.

gearhead455
05-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Mine is solid as a rock. :)

RamJet
05-18-2009, 06:42 PM
I've noticed this as well, with my hand at the base of the shifter especially on more aggressive stops. I have never felt it move the other way, though.
It doesn't feel loose, it's really subtle.