PDA

View Full Version : ARH LT's installed by "Midas"

TuefelG8
05-03-2009, 09:09 PM
I battled early morning Houston traffic on Friday to get the expert to install my ARH 1 3/4" long tubes and pipes. It took me two hours of stop and go to get to the famed Midas in Sugarland but the trip was well worth it. On top of that, he had my car ready to go about 4 hours after I pulled in. That's what I call Grrrr8 service!
The first thing I noticed when I pulled in was the black G8 in the bay with her engine in pieces, but what caught my eye was the shiny red G8 on slicks and skinnies. Charlie wasted no time crankin 'er up, and as soon as I heard the growl of the beast I knew I would be spending much much more money on my car! That car is very impressive (and loud) in person.

The ARH headers are the real deal. For anyone who can't decide, let me tell you I saw a set of some "other" company's LT's that were all rusted to shit after having 8000 miles on them:puke:. Seeing those made me confident that I made the right choice buying ARH headers. I bought them from the Grrrr8 store, I guess this has become my one stop shop lol.
I decided to leave the stock mufflers on because this is my dd and I didn't want the exhaust to be too loud. IMO this set up sounds perfect and there is plenty to be heard at WOT!
I will have the Vector tune in before the week is through for a little refinement and some MORE power. I swear this is like an addiction.
Anyone who can make it to Charlie's shop, I highly reccommend it. It's worth the drive, but be prepared to go back.

The Commodore
05-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Good write up.

I just put a order in for some ARH's on Friday.

GRRRR8
05-04-2009, 04:11 AM
Thanks Nick! I am very glad your happy and I appreciate you making the trip. See you this summer for some Pedders. Talk with Rob at Wretched Motorsports and he can drop ship the pieces you want.

mtolivecracker
05-04-2009, 05:06 AM
The thought of those ARH gives me butterflies like my first high school love.

GRRRR8
05-04-2009, 05:11 AM
The thought of those ARH gives me butterflies like my first high school love.

LOL! You can imagine my flutter then! :)

Devilish34
05-04-2009, 05:50 AM
LOL! You can imagine my flutter then! :)

TMI again!

confused2much
05-04-2009, 05:56 AM
Man Charlie, it's still too early in the day to be imagining your "flutter"!!!

Congrats on the Headers. Thats what I want to get next.

TuefelG8
05-04-2009, 06:36 AM
Get them. You will have NO regrets! It's like having a new car.

FL_G82
05-04-2009, 07:30 AM
Thats the setup I'm gonna do. Looking forward to it.

johnbell2
05-04-2009, 02:36 PM
Nice write up, thanks!

I see a great many changes coming to my G8 in the future... ARH, Vararam, Pedders, Circle-D, and all the necessary electronic hocus pocus to go with it.

Unfortunately my future also involves blown household budgets and an "it's the car or me" divorce scenario but hey, what's the worst that could happen :dodge:

nph2005
05-05-2009, 12:55 PM
Get them. You will have NO regrets! It's like having a new car.

Thats the setup I'm gonna do. Looking forward to it.

Thats were I'm at right now and I love it. The VMS tune is great. Love the tranny now. ARH are a quality piece.

TuefelG8
05-05-2009, 06:30 PM
The only thing that sucks is that VMS won't be shipping my tune until the 15th. :disgust: In hindsight I probably should have ordered that first, but I had no idea it would take that long. The shifts are annoying and I want my remote start back! But I DO love the sound of the long tubes.

izayn
05-06-2009, 04:40 AM
The only thing that sucks is that VMS won't be shipping my tune until the 15th. :disgust: In hindsight I probably should have ordered that first, but I had no idea it would take that long. The shifts are annoying and I want my remote start back! But I DO love the sound of the long tubes.

Join the crowd...everyday I get into my car and I'm like man I would love my remote start back. And the 15th is when my cable is shipping.. It sounds like we will have a tune for our car all ready to go by the Week after the 15th.

Does anyone know how long it takes VMS to tweak the stock tune after you send it back to them?

r1owner
05-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Does anyone know how long it takes VMS to tweak the stock tune after you send it back to them?

I've gotten all mine back within 18 hours or so.... some people get them the same day.