PDA

View Full Version : weird car problem need help quick

fastg8mi
05-02-2009, 09:23 PM
hey guys, i just got the vms cai and tune on my gt thursday and been having really weird problems. first thing was my brake lights, they seem to be randomly going on and off, a guy pulled up next to me and said that they had been on for like 6 miles straight, then my gf was like ya, i noticed that when i was following you home, i thought you were riding your brakes, i wasnt.

then later tonight i was driving home from a club and all of a sudden my esp turned off and i couldnt turn it on even if i turned my car off and on, and on the dash it said stability control off and i couldnt change the screen. i pressed the button multiple times.

please help guys

if this isnt the right section please move it too so i can get help

Steve
05-02-2009, 09:28 PM
i'm pretty sure some people had the same issue which required the dealership to adjust something (brake pedal/sensor) but i can't remember specifics..
Hopefully someone else will chime in

fastg8mi
05-02-2009, 09:30 PM
hmm do you think it has anything to do with the tune?

GRRRR8
05-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Correct SteveO! It needs to have the brake pedal position sensor recalibrated. The ESP light comes on as it thinks the pedal is being applied at cruise speed for long periods of time so it turns it off. Mine does the same exact thing. I just havent had time to get it flashed. I am waiting on the new software so the dealer wont see my car! lol

fastg8mi
05-02-2009, 09:35 PM
with the stealth tune am i safe to go straight to dealer, or should i go see kirk and have him take it off?

GRRRR8
05-02-2009, 09:36 PM
Kirk may even have the software for his Tech II to flash it for you to solve the issue.

fastg8mi
05-02-2009, 09:37 PM
ok cool, ill give him a call monday

thanks for the super fast replies guys