05-02-2009, 06:12 PM
There may be hope! See the link

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=resources/auto&id=6790655

GRRRR8
05-02-2009, 06:18 PM
We can only hope.

G8GT594
05-02-2009, 06:54 PM
Yup heard about this the other day. Would be nice...
BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

Andy@Livernois
05-02-2009, 07:36 PM
Yup heard about this the other day. Would be nice...
BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

hmm, I wonder where you heard that from??? ;)

GTPprix
05-02-2009, 07:49 PM
LOL Like I told Andy when he told me, Aint happenin' buying the name is one thing having the capital (which they dont have) to provide product/support ect is the hard part.

GotMyG8V8
05-02-2009, 08:13 PM
Wouldn't that be some turn of events. A small group of investors buys an "Dead" car brand and turns them around. I admire the passion and effort put forth already.

G8GT594
05-03-2009, 07:12 AM
hmm, I wonder where you heard that from??? ;)

I have not a clue lol.

Panzer Leader
05-03-2009, 04:28 PM
Hell I would like to get involved on this one. Lets see, GM spins off Holden but U.S. and Australian investors save company. But why does the name Tucker keep coming into my thoughts? Would you continue to use GM parts or would you develop your own? Never saw a WIN /WIN situation get screwed up by so few.

bobyoung
05-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Hey somethings gotta happen, can't let this car die.

MANOFSTEEL69
05-04-2009, 02:55 AM
As cool as it would be....It's very doubtful it will happen, and even more doubtful it would survive for very long. Can anyone say Saturn? GM won't be in a position any time soon to attempt to bail them out when it fails.

SSD
05-04-2009, 10:49 AM
Yeah, that would be very, very cool, if it were to happen. Chevrolet, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, etc, etc, etc were all separate auto makers once upon a time. I think it would be good for the economy because is would revive competition and therefore innovation & quality. Much better than allowing the US government to screw up auto makers by owning a portion and then destroying them once and for all.

Chewy
05-04-2009, 11:07 AM
Wouldn't that be some turn of events. A small group of investors buys an "Dead" car brand and turns them around. I admire the passion and effort put forth already.

Sounds like Harley Davidson a few years past...

DewieJr
05-05-2009, 12:10 AM
Great idea, be interesting to hear the outcome of this...I'd love it if they could turn things around being ran by private people...that would be a smack in the face to GM...lol!

-Ray-
05-05-2009, 03:30 AM
Sounds like Harley Davidson a few years past...

It was Indian that was bought and brought back to life in Calif. Unfortunately, they died again.

MRM
05-05-2009, 09:05 AM
As cool as it would be....It's very doubtful it will happen, and even more doubtful it would survive for very long. Can anyone say Saturn? GM won't be in a position any time soon to attempt to bail them out when it fails.

GM is openly trying to sell Saturn. I think Opel is an interested buyer. GM hasn't said anything about wanting to sell Pontiac. My guess is they want to hold on to the name, licensing, etc. in case they want to bring it back in 5-10 years. I'd like to be proven wrong on this one.

Mav
05-05-2009, 09:59 AM
I'm sure GM wants to keep the naming rights and resurrect it in 25 years.

edit:

aaaand I didn't read the entire thread but the guy above me is spot on. :D

Chewy
05-05-2009, 10:06 AM
It was Indian that was bought and brought back to life in Calif. Unfortunately, they died again.

Indians back! http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/

Harley peeps and others bought the share of the stock from AMF in the 80's and made it the company it is now...

fcsuper
05-05-2009, 07:02 PM
I doubt they will sell 'em. Pontiac may not be completely dead just yet. It depends on how this next year goes really.

chiefpontiac
05-06-2009, 09:31 AM
GM is openly trying to sell Saturn. I think Opel is an interested buyer. GM hasn't said anything about wanting to sell Pontiac. My guess is they want to hold on to the name, licensing, etc. in case they want to bring it back in 5-10 years. I'd like to be proven wrong on this one.
Opel cannot "buy" Saturn until after GM sells Opel. Possible contenders for Opel include Fiat/Chrysler. Frontrunner for Saturn is Black Oak, a group of investors no more knowledgable of the auto industry than was Cerberus when they bought Chrysler and part of GMAC.

Indians back! http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/

Harley peeps and others bought the share of the stock from AMF in the 80's and made it the company it is now...

But built in India alongside Enfields and Nortons if I'm not mistaken. The American resurrected Indians were headquartered in Gilroy, CA for a 7-year run. http://www.indiancmc.com/

Where's he come up with this obscure stuff? Well he is called chiefpontiac for a reason. Haha.