PDA

View Full Version : Raced a masarati spyder

It's A G8!
05-02-2009, 09:13 AM
I was on my way to drop off the wife at work. I was at a stop light and I see a Maserati coming up. I hear him rev his engine as he coasts to the light and stops beside me. I thought to my self,should I show him what a G8 can do?Well the light turns green and we both take off slow but together then I see him floor it and I did the same. For some reason my car take a second to see what gear to go into even with a tune. Then it finds the gear and I just blew by him. He didn't want anything after that.I was happy the rest of the day.

GeoffA
05-02-2009, 09:25 AM
Nice

The Commodore
05-02-2009, 09:39 AM
Silly Maserati...

...being fast is for cool cars.

UGotSmkd
05-02-2009, 01:04 PM
I was on my way to drop off the wife at work. I was at a stop light and I see a Maserati coming up. I hear him rev his engine as he coasts to the light and stops beside me. I thought to my self,should I show him what a G8 can do?Well the light turns green and we both take off slow but together then I see him floor it and I did the same. For some reason my car take a second to see what gear to go into even with a tune. Then it finds the gear and I just blew by him. He didn't want anything after that.I was happy the rest of the day.

Was it blue?

It's A G8!
05-02-2009, 02:53 PM
If I had to say it was a little blue. White guy driving it with top down.

Mlozano
05-04-2009, 08:36 AM
Don't want to get off subject but is there a solution for that delay, it kills me in traffic trying to switch lanes then speed up. A simple yes or no response is fine, i search for it.

kje141
05-04-2009, 08:44 AM
Audi R8 came up next to me the other day....yikes, thankfully he turned off

Mlozano
05-04-2009, 08:52 AM
Audi R8 came up next to me the other day....yikes, thankfully he turned off

Those things are quick, with no mods, definetly no chance.

Chewy
05-04-2009, 09:08 AM
Don't want to get off subject but is there a solution for that delay, it kills me in traffic trying to switch lanes then speed up. A simple yes or no response is fine, i search for it.

Use manual mode if you're expecting this to happen or are filtering through traffic.

jeppsG8
05-04-2009, 01:36 PM
Manual mode. Even if there is a remote chance they other guy wants to go. Then a quick shift from M to D to S just in time to get 3rd in S. 2nd gear is awesome. I use it in M all the way from 0 to 50 whenever the opportunity starts to present itself, which is about every time I drive now. :)

It's A G8!
05-04-2009, 01:57 PM

You have to get a tune for that to be fixed. I have one but for some reason its still doing it. I will have to talk to kirk about it.

Mlozano
05-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Use manual mode if you're expecting this to happen or are filtering through traffic.

Trying to go from 6th to 3rd with a push tap takes just as long as auto

You have to get a tune for that to be fixed. I have one but for some reason its still doing it. I will have to talk to kirk about it.

I have tune also, it still does it when i floor it. I don't think it's the computer, i think it's more mechanical, in general these transmissions are really sloppy.

bobyoung
05-06-2009, 09:22 PM
Manual mode. Even if there is a remote chance they other guy wants to go. Then a quick shift from M to D to S just in time to get 3rd in S. 2nd gear is awesome. I use it in M all the way from 0 to 50 whenever the opportunity starts to present itself, which is about every time I drive now. :)

I use M in most situations like that, I just shift it from 1st at about 5500 and it blasts into 2nd, my shift point is 6200 with the tune but any higher and I still hit the limiter. Takes off much faster in 1st. I also use M and stay revved up at or over 2 grand anytime I think someone is going to try anything if I'm going fairly slow. My shifts are hardest in M, I still get a little lag in S from 1st to 2nd at WOT although I also get a nice long chirp. The shift itslef is hard, it just seems to take second to make up it's mind it's going to shift, strange. I use S on the highway though in case a BMW or a riceburner comes along and wants to play.

bobyoung
05-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Trying to go from 6th to 3rd with a push tap takes just as long as auto

I have tune also, it still does it when i floor it. I don't think it's the computer, i think it's more mechanical, in general these transmissions are really sloppy.

Yeah they are, I don't think these cars like to be floored when they are moving at certain speeds, mine is a hundred times better though since I got it tuned, the lag has been cut down considerably. But even my Buick Roadmasters shift quicker and smoother although not as hard but that's because of the difference in motors I believe.