PDA

View Full Version : bored

Weldon
09-03-2008, 06:25 PM
so is it true a g8 gt can out run most bmw's? my dad refuses to believe it since he use to drive for them...i think he knows its true but his pride wont allow it haha

Weldon
09-03-2008, 06:26 PM
and also!!! can my stock g8 gt out run a 2006 mustang gt cali seriese

GT-610
09-03-2008, 06:35 PM
alot of bimmers will easily beat the gt with a good driver as they are maunals, but there are quite a few that the gt will beat
examples:335i,m3,m5,Z8 should all win in a straight line

wreckwriter
09-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Implying that manual is faster? How do you figure?

Weldon
09-03-2008, 06:51 PM
ya how do you figure? i personally think that with how smart these new cars computers are, automatics are quicker...because the computer **when its floored** switches perfectly....chances of it messing up are wayyyyy low compared to all the things that cud come into play with a manual...stalling, foot slips off clutch while switching, missing a gear, shifting to soon, shifting to late and redlining i think automatics can be quicker and always safer...thats what i think tho...anyone think the same>?

wreckwriter
09-03-2008, 06:57 PM
Automatics have been quicker for many years.

p71
09-03-2008, 06:58 PM
ya how do you figure? i personally think that with how smart these new cars computers are, automatics are quicker...because the computer **when its floored** switches perfectly....chances of it messing up are wayyyyy low compared to all the things that cud come into play with a manual...stalling, foot slips off clutch while switching, missing a gear, shifting to soon, shifting to late and redlining i think automatics can be quicker and always safer...thats what i think tho...anyone think the same>?

well some of the "autos" like the m3 are manuals they just have a computer controlled clutch (actually clutches) and can shift themselves... they are halla faster than an auto and faster than a stick.

Weldon
09-03-2008, 07:01 PM
im excited...me and a few of my friends are takin our cars to the strip wensday night...i dont go much but idk im excited to see how my cars works out

wreckwriter
09-03-2008, 07:06 PM
im excited...me and a few of my friends are takin our cars to the strip wensday night...i dont go much but idk im excited to see how my cars works out

Racing is always fun. just wait til you get tuned, then the car really wakes up.

wreckwriter
09-03-2008, 07:07 PM
well some of the "autos" like the m3 are manuals they just have a computer controlled clutch (actually clutches) and can shift themselves... they are halla faster than an auto and faster than a stick.

Manuals that shift themselves? Sounds a bit like an auto....

Weldon
09-03-2008, 07:11 PM
haha ya im ready to go...i love a good rush...when i was in iraq i got 7 rushes...out of 15 months only 7. but they wer the biggest rushes iv ever had in my life...then when i got home i couldnt get a rush as big as those...maybe after i put 5-10 grand into this car it will give me a decent rush =P its fun as heck to take thru the country with all the curves...i love gettin her sideways =)))

wreckwriter
09-03-2008, 07:17 PM
just be careful, these aren't Ferraris....

Weldon
09-03-2008, 07:19 PM
ya...hey who do you think would win...a g8 gt or a 2006 mustang gt cali seriese...me and my buddie are debating on it..both stock what you think?