PDA

View Full Version : Pedders question

Night Train
05-01-2009, 02:56 PM
I have a 2009 GT. I am going to get the Pedders system. I am between two packages.

The first is the XA street https://secure.merlinsoftware.com.au/peddersusa/Default.aspx?ProdCode=G8XASTREET

The second is the Pedders Street 2
https://secure.merlinsoftware.com.au/peddersusa/Default.aspx?ProdCode=G8+STREET+II

This is a daily driver for me. I don't see going to the track but I want a better more secure drive on the street.

Do you have any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks for your help.

-Ray-
05-01-2009, 02:58 PM
I have the Street II. Check out Mike Haddad. He has a Pedderized G8 and can do the work.
Almost anyone with a Pedderized G8 will let you test it out.
I'm lovin mine!

Steve
05-01-2009, 03:22 PM
Really the only differnce between the 'normal' street II and the one with the xA's is obviously the Xa's - I have them on my car (DD too) and love them because you can adjust the stiffness to your liking whenever you want. (Stiff when it's me, and softer when driving around the Mrs :) )

I'd say go with the xA's!

Night Train
05-01-2009, 08:32 PM
I have the Street II. Check out Mike Haddad. He has a Pedderized G8 and can do the work.
I'm lovin mine!

Really the only differnce between the 'normal' street II and the one with the xA's is obviously the Xa's - I have them on my car (DD too) and love them because you can adjust the stiffness to your liking whenever you want. (Stiff when it's me, and softer when driving around the Mrs :) )

I'd say go with the xA's!

Thank you for your opinions. When I look at my OP, I can see that I was not clear. I am familiar that the XA gives one adjustability. I wonder, does that make a big deal?? I should explain. I ride bikes. I have a bike that I take to the track, honestly even with doing that, I don't change my Ohlins shock much from street. I'm not pushing it at a race pace but I can keep up with the "A" group. I paid quite a bit for the shock but I wonder if I needed to spend the extra cash.

Quite honestly, the cost between the two Pedder kits is so close that I want to go for the higher kit. But, I don't know if it is necessary. The extra cash could be used for some badly needed tuning/

Thanks for dealing with my ignorance. More input is appreciated. Thanks again.

PerfectD3
05-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Thank you for your opinions. When I look at my OP, I can see that I was not clear. I am familiar that the XA gives one adjustability. I wonder, does that make a big deal?? I should explain. I ride bikes. I have a bike that I take to the track, honestly even with doing that, I don't change my Ohlins shock much from street. I'm not pushing it at a race pace but I can keep up with the "A" group. I paid quite a bit for the shock but I wonder if I needed to spend the extra cash.

Quite honestly, the cost between the two Pedder kits is so close that I want to go for the higher kit. But, I don't know if it is necessary. The extra cash could be used for some badly needed tuning/

Thanks for dealing with my ignorance. More input is appreciated. Thanks again.

That's awesome, I came from the bike world as well. I had a Penske 400 (not as nice as the Ohlins) but after initial setup I couldn't figure out what was so nice about having a coilover? Besides being able to tune it to my weight distro, it didn't seem all that great. I too am having the same dilemna whether to go with an Xa setup or just spring/dampers.

Night Train
05-01-2009, 09:04 PM
That's awesome, I came from the bike world as well. I had a Penske 400 (not as nice as the Ohlins) but after initial setup I couldn't figure out what was so nice about having a coilover? Besides being able to tune it to my weight distro, it didn't seem all that great. I too am having the same dilemna whether to go with an Xa setup or just spring/dampers.

Well Penske isn't shabby at all!! I just picked Ohlins based on reputation and being sprung to my weight. I still love riding her. So easy to ride. Well, I am going to make a decision by Monday and make an order. I want to get this order behind me. I will certainly post up my decision and results. I am really uninformed about what all this does. But, it has to be better than what comes stock!! :woohoo:

Rob@WretchedMS
05-02-2009, 02:57 AM
I'm lovin mine!

+1 http://www.haddadmotorsports.com/
Your in the backyard of Haddad Motorsports, and they can answer any questions that you have in regards to Pedders or your G8.

HaddadMotorsports
05-02-2009, 02:31 PM
When it comes to pedders, it comes down to your budget.

The bigger the system the better your car is going to be.
I wouldn't hesitate to put anyone on either a complete trackII and/or any of our extreme systems. Race car or daily driver. these systems are so tuned that no matter what you do they're gona ride nice. The XA's are nice because we can custom tailor the car to the client. We can go from stock comfort to full on race car, in respect to ride heights and dampening.

Thanks
Mike Haddad

Night Train
05-02-2009, 03:00 PM
Yes, I intend to patronize Haddad Motorsports for this mod. They have recommended either one. Just that you get the adjustability with the XA. I wonder if I will use/need it??? Well, decisions...decisions..

SRG963
05-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Yes, I intend to patronize Haddad Motorsports for this mod. They have recommended either one. Just that you get the adjustability with the XA. I wonder if I will use/need it??? Well, decisions...decisions..

Better to have too much than not enough IMO.

I'd go with the Track II if I could (leasing) and I'm a 60+ mile DD.

Night Train
05-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the opinions and points of views.