PDA

View Full Version : Brake Launch Question

pokey
05-01-2009, 02:49 PM
How much vibrations are you guys feeling when brake launcing from a stop. Rev to around 1,200RPM? Any concern to this to get some extra power?

Mine feels like a "massager" around 1,200 before I let go of the brake and go WOT. Everyone else similar?

PerfectD3
05-01-2009, 02:58 PM
Couple of variables there bud you didn't mention bud, but all in all nothing sounds off. Is this on the stock tune? Is the TC off?
Last time I was out I was trying to find a good launch RPM, and at 2.5k I was breaking the tires loose. At 2k it seemed just fine, so Im going to assume your not breaking the tires loose at 1.2k. And yes, the car does vibrate a bit at higher rpms when being held by the brakes. I wouldn't say it felt like a massager, but there are noticeable vibrations. I think your fine, but some of our more hardcore drag guys Im sure will chip in as well.

majesticix
05-01-2009, 04:34 PM
I get no noticeable vibration brake torquing to 1200 with T/C off. I ran 6 runs at the track and nothing stood out to me to make me question it. Tried runs between 1000-1300. Now, I did have torque management engaged (50%) which I have subsequently turned off since then. Not sure how much play that would have, but just thought I would mention it. I am running with the stock 19s summer tires.

pokey
05-02-2009, 06:13 AM
I'm running stock, with traction control off. I do not break the tires loose at 1,200RPM. More I read on these threads the more I think I'll change the tune of this car, and much more!

GM really has these setups yearning for fuel, air, etc. And what the hell is with these shift points did they forget what a down shift is?...sorry starting to rant.

majesticix
05-02-2009, 06:34 AM
I said the same thing.