PDA

View Full Version : Finally Vector-ized, 441rwhp / 407rwtq

Darkside
04-30-2009, 06:49 PM
Just got back a little bit ago and I can't get the shit eating grin off my face. With it raining the entire way I wasn't able to play around with her at all. But the sound is unbelievable. I made two stops on the way home and got comments at both. I had the guy pumping gas next to me gawking, and he was asking what exhaust I had. He was actually familiar with the G8's and different models. The toll booth guy asked " what the hell is in that thing?". I told him "enough money that my wife is going to kill me".

I'll scan the dyno sheet tomorrow and try to get a video of it running.

It received the Stage II setup with a slightly bigger cam, 3200 Yank, tranny cooler, Vararam, HSRK, and I cant forget - Charlies hoses and bolts.:headbang:

Now I need to throw on the Hsv Gts wheels, V6 cover, and Holden covers.

GRRRR8
04-30-2009, 06:53 PM
Congrats! :woohoo:

jetttstream
04-30-2009, 07:02 PM
Wow sounds good!

-Mike

G8GT594
04-30-2009, 07:13 PM
Congrats on the power. So this is with ported heads correct?

GRRRR8
04-30-2009, 07:15 PM
and a converter. His # is should be 20+ higher factoring the converter.

G8GT594
04-30-2009, 07:17 PM
and a converter. His # is should be 20+ higher factoring the converter.

Don't even get me started on that.... but hey, i have 0 head work done.. but so far its been proven that a VMS car can't keep up just yet.

Get that thing to the track darkside! Hope you got some rubber to go with the converter!

GRRRR8
04-30-2009, 07:20 PM
Don't even get me started on that.... but hey, i have 0 head work done.. but so far its been proven that a VMS car can't keep up just yet.

Get that thing to the track darkside! Hope you got some rubber to go with the converter!

LOL! 12.36 with no tires is good. Some willl be there soon with no cam. Your 452 goes down next week. As far as ET goes........motivate me. :)

G8GT594
04-30-2009, 07:41 PM
LOL! 12.36 with no tires is good. Some willl be there soon with no cam. Your 452 goes down next week. As far as ET goes........motivate me. :)

No cam but with a converter or gear change I'm sure. Don't you worry though ill be back in the top ten hopefully saturday.

Its to much drama to get caught up in the number game times talk more then HP. Good results none the less. Gives me an idea at the hp gains from porting the heads.

O and charlie... My 452 is going to be 530+ next month as soon as we figure out what to do with fuel pressure.
BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

gobluedave
04-30-2009, 07:52 PM
Pretty sure I saw your G8 at the shop on Tuesday. Kirk mentioned that you got the bigger cam due to your exhaust. I just got my Vararam tune.

GeorgeInNePa
04-30-2009, 09:00 PM

Two. Different. Dynos.

:wacko:

The Commodore
04-30-2009, 09:16 PM
I'm camming my car....

unfortunately it's going to have to wait a little.

I envy you cam guys...

Ktlplxm
04-30-2009, 10:32 PM
How are these converters eating up so much hp? 20+ is a little hard for me to believe. In order for it to lose that much on top end, it would have to be slipping like hell. Normally a smaller converter saves you hp, not take it. When we went from a stock LS1 converter to a ProTorque 2500 we picked up 10hp. That should be accomplished by shear rotating mass reduction

09gtt
04-30-2009, 10:56 PM
Im not to smart when it comes to cars that's why I pay somebody else to do the work for me. I have a pi 3000 converter in my car. I had my car on the dyno yesterday with the converter locked the car dynoed at 377rwhp and with it unlocked the car dynoed at 349rwhp n 351 rwtq. These #s are before a tune for the porting, vararam, and the converter. He was supposed to tune it yesterday but he forgot his cable. Don't know if this is what u r talking g about when u say the converter is robbing hp but I thought I would just throw it out there.

MANOFSTEEL69
05-01-2009, 02:13 AM
Congrats Dark! (As for any bickering about dyno numbers, the track is the only real measure of where the car is)

-Ray-
05-01-2009, 03:00 AM
Congrats Steve!

G8GT594
05-01-2009, 03:33 AM
Two. Different. Dynos.

:wacko:

Uh not talking about dynos. Also.. ;)

fastg8mi
05-01-2009, 03:34 AM
o man guys i met dark side and his beast yesterday and when he started it my mouth dropped. it sounded absolutely amazing

G8GT594
05-01-2009, 03:36 AM
How are these converters eating up so much hp? 20+ is a little hard for me to believe. In order for it to lose that much on top end, it would have to be slipping like hell. Normally a smaller converter saves you hp, not take it. When we went from a stock LS1 converter to a ProTorque 2500 we picked up 10hp. That should be accomplished by shear rotating mass reduction

And this is what I've been trying to say all a long..

GRRRR8
05-01-2009, 04:05 AM
Im not to smart when it comes to cars that's why I pay somebody else to do the work for me. I have a pi 3000 converter in my car. I had my car on the dyno yesterday with the converter locked the car dynoed at 377rwhp and with it unlocked the car dynoed at 349rwhp n 351 rwtq. These #s are before a tune for the porting, vararam, and the converter. He was supposed to tune it yesterday but he forgot his cable. Don't know if this is what u r talking g about when u say the converter is robbing hp but I thought I would just throw it out there.

Correct. If the converter locks then it might be a few for slippage, if its unlocked 20+ on any car.

I forgot how many experts we had here that have actually seen this tested in person and know all there is to know.

GRRRR8
05-01-2009, 04:16 AM
Uh not talking about dynos. Also.. ;)

It would seem there is no acurate measurement then. Dynos dont matter, different kind, day, location, operator. Tracks dont matter, location, D/A, I spun down the track etc. Its been the same for 30 years. Those that know, dont. Those that dont, really dont. So I guess when I go to the track it will be that I am at sea level or this is what I do or some other bullshit I have to hear then as well. It just gets to be old on how if a reason benefits one person, its an excuse for someone else. The funny thing is, for most that battle these arguments, someone else builds your car and in most cases its the fastest thing you have owned. 12s isnt fast. 11s is respectable. A 10 sec daily driver that can be driven anywhere is the US is fast. This is yet another topic I wont participate in anymore.

Devilish34
05-01-2009, 04:17 AM
Correct. If the converter locks then it might be a few for slippage, if its unlocked 20+ on any car.

I forgot how many experts we had here that have actually seen this tested in person and know all there is to know.

Maybe you should post that question in the Ask Charlie forum :nah:

G8GT594
05-01-2009, 04:29 AM
It would seem there is no acurate measurement then. Dynos dont matter, different kind, day, location, operator. Tracks dont matter, location, D/A, I spun down the track etc. Its been the same for 30 years. Those that know, dont. Those that dont, really dont. So I guess when I go to the track it will be that I am at sea level or this is what I do or some other bullshit I have to hear then as well. It just gets to be old on how if a reason benefits one person, its an excuse for someone else. The funny thing is, for most that battle these arguments, someone else builds your car and in most cases its the fastest thing you have owned. 12s isnt fast. 11s is respectable. A 10 sec daily driver that can be driven anywhere is the US is fast. This is yet another topic I wont participate in anymore.

Same for me, I'm excusing myself from this thread. But just for the record this car is not the fastest I've driven. We all know 12s quick but not fast. Anyways good numbers better stop myself, would suck to get banned from here.

jbradsh1
05-01-2009, 04:36 AM
[QUOTE=GeorgeInNePa;83058]Two. Different. Dynos.

Yes, but I've had my car on both VMS and the Livernois dynos and they are remarkably close. If anything, I think the Livernois dyno is slightly more conservative.

jbradsh1
05-01-2009, 04:40 AM
It would seem there is no acurate measurement then. Dynos dont matter, different kind, day, location, operator. Tracks dont matter, location, D/A, I spun down the track etc. Its been the same for 30 years. Those that know, dont. Those that dont, really dont. So I guess when I go to the track it will be that I am at sea level or this is what I do or some other bullshit I have to hear then as well. It just gets to be old on how if a reason benefits one person, its an excuse for someone else. The funny thing is, for most that battle these arguments, someone else builds your car and in most cases its the fastest thing you have owned. 12s isnt fast. 11s is respectable. A 10 sec daily driver that can be driven anywhere is the US is fast.

This is yet another topic I wont participate in anymore.

Oh come on Charlie, you're just gettin' going! :)

wreckwriter
05-01-2009, 04:48 AM
The only true measure is 2 cars side by side and a green light flashing :)

VegasNate
05-01-2009, 04:48 AM
Congrats on getting her back and finished. When you get the wheels on you'll have to post some pics.

Steve@Vectormotorsports
05-01-2009, 05:43 AM
[QUOTE=G8GT594;83029]Don't even get me started on that.... but hey, i have 0 head work done..
QUOTE]

Custom CNC valve Job, Milled Heads????

G8GT594
05-01-2009, 06:05 AM
[QUOTE=G8GT594;83029]Don't even get me started on that.... but hey, i have 0 head work done..
QUOTE]

Custom CNC valve Job, Milled Heads????

Valve job.. Think you answered your question there. Milled heads you really consider that headwork. But ill clarify again 0 port work.

jakers204
05-01-2009, 06:09 AM
Just got back a little bit ago and I can't get the shit eating grin off my face. With it raining the entire way I wasn't able to play around with her at all. But the sound is unbelievable. I made two stops on the way home and got comments at both. I had the guy pumping gas next to me gawking, and he was asking what exhaust I had. He was actually familiar with the G8's and different models. The toll booth guy asked " what the hell is in that thing?". I told him "enough money that my wife is going to kill me".

I'll scan the dyno sheet tomorrow and try to get a video of it running.

It received the Stage II setup with a slightly bigger cam, 3200 Yank, tranny cooler, Vararam, HSRK, and I cant forget - Charlies hoses and bolts.:headbang:

Now I need to throw on the Hsv Gts wheels, V6 cover, and Holden covers.

Hey I think I seen you at VMS yesterday, Mcnabb fan right? That car is sick!!! im jealus!!

Steve@Vectormotorsports
05-01-2009, 07:13 AM
[QUOTE=Steve@Vectormotorsports;83140]

Valve job.. Think you answered your question there. Milled heads you really consider that headwork. But ill clarify again 0 port work.

A trick valve job is worth more than what most actually know. I dosen't really affect peak air flow numbers but they really pick up under the curve.

jbradsh1
05-01-2009, 07:31 AM
[QUOTE=G8GT594;83146]

A trick valve job is worth more than what most actually know. I dosen't really affect peak air flow numbers but they really pick up under the curve.

very true.

G8GT721
05-01-2009, 07:45 AM
The toll booth guy asked " what the hell is in that thing?". I told him "enough money that my wife is going to kill me".

lol that was probably the funniest thing he heared all week

Darkside
05-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Its hard not getting caught up in the number game. Vector tested the car on the dyno before and after stall with the initial cam in it. The stall did rob a few HP and torque but not 20hp. It also dynoed a bit higher on a DynoJet than the Mustang with the previous setup. I'll probably go back up to Vector at the end of summer when the motor is broken in to see if it gains any just from that.

Ordering some tires next week and already have a set of f-body wheels.

Here is a video at idle:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/Darkside/th_G8idlevid.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v603/Darkside/?action=view&current=G8idlevid.flv)

steined
05-01-2009, 10:12 AM
I bet the wife barely notices :P

That sounds AWESOME.

Mike P
05-02-2009, 01:07 AM
Don't even get me started on that.... but hey, i have 0 port work done.. but so far its been proven that a VMS car can't keep up just yet.

Paul is talking about our 1/4 mile results / numbers from opening day at Milan - Sat. April 4th.

I ran a 12.79 best that day. He ran a 12.8, 12.6, 12.5, and want to say he ended up getting a 12.4x at the end of the day.......

Steve@Vectormotorsports
05-04-2009, 12:22 PM
Its hard not getting caught up in the number game. Vector tested the car on the dyno before and after stall with the initial cam in it. The stall did rob a few HP and torque but not 20hp. It also dynoed a bit higher on a DynoJet than the Mustang with the previous setup. I'll probably go back up to Vector at the end of summer when the motor is broken in to see if it gains any just from that.

Ordering some tires next week and already have a set of f-body wheels.

Here is a video at idle:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/Darkside/th_G8idlevid.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v603/Darkside/?action=view&current=G8idlevid.flv)

And he starts it with a remote starter! lol

G8GT594
05-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Paul is talking about our 1/4 mile results / numbers from opening day at Milan - Sat. April 4th.

I ran a 12.79 best that day. He ran a 12.8, 12.6, 12.5, and want to say he ended up getting a 12.4x at the end of the day.......

12.4 at the end, best personal is 12.36 on stock summers. But i wasn't referring to just your car.

'02 ws6
05-04-2009, 02:23 PM
:rofl: @ the x-road off pipe!! :D, and we don't need another VMS vs Livernois thread...so just appreciate the numbers and the setup like I do!

Darkside
05-04-2009, 04:10 PM
Yeah, I was a bit groggy making the video. I'll have to make another one that shows the whole car. I put on the Gts wheels, painted the calipers. Its at the bodyshop now getting some custom work to the taillights and grill surrounds painted.

Oldgrumpy
05-06-2009, 12:12 PM
Sounds awesome, where did you buy the parts, and who did the install and programming? (Price check as well)

Darkside
05-06-2009, 01:09 PM
The exhaust is all Stainless Works, everything else was installed and tuned at Vector. I have about 8k in all the performance category.

jbradsh1
05-06-2009, 02:05 PM
And the result is worth every penny ...

Darkside
05-06-2009, 04:07 PM
And the result is worth every penny ...

Its amazing how many looks the car gets, and questions from strangers. Its getting rare to go for a drive and not have someone beeping at me giving me a thumbs up.

SLVRG8GT
05-18-2009, 03:37 AM
sweet sounding ride. nice numbers as well. be safe :D