PDA

View Full Version : ARH headers or HPTuners???

Got 8?
09-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Got a little unexpected bonus and was wondering what you guys and gals would do first???

So post up which one and why...

wreckwriter
09-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Headers for sure.

It's A G8!
09-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Do you have a CAI,PULLEY,ETC. If not I would go that route first.If you have the usual bolt on already then go with headers.

Got 8?
09-03-2008, 03:28 PM
bone stock...

GRRRR8
09-03-2008, 04:20 PM
VMS ECM/TCM tune, CAI 1st

Got 8?
09-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Not bashing VMS or anything but I ain't going w/ them or any other mail order tune. I will tune it myself or drive to someone that can...always have. That way if there is a problem on the way back home I can turn around and get it fixed pronto...

I just figured since I know a few people that can tune I would get the software myself and take the baby steps and learn it...

Or get the headers now and wait till I can get the software later and learn to tune it then slap on the headers and fine tune it for them...

GRRRR8
09-03-2008, 04:33 PM
You might as well get the tuning stuff 1st then. It will have to be tuned for the headers.

Got 8?
09-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Or I could do a verter and HPTuners and that would get this thing down the 1/4 pretty quick...:uhm:

Hrmmm...choices, choices...:hmm:

Got 8?
09-03-2008, 04:38 PM
You might as well get the tuning stuff 1st then. It will have to be tuned for the headers.

That's what I was thinking...but I don't want to pass up an opportunity to get the headers...

It's A G8!
09-03-2008, 06:35 PM
If you get the headers first you'll get the CEL light until you tune it.Also you wont get the full benefit out of them without a tune.

GTPprix
09-04-2008, 06:43 AM
Not bashing VMS or anything but I ain't going w/ them or any other mail order tune. I will tune it myself or drive to someone that can...always have. That way if there is a problem on the way back home I can turn around and get it fixed pronto...

Just to set the record straight you realize the FXP tune is no longer mail order right? Its custom to your vehicle ;) Also since we've done now over 150 G8's there wont be a problem but if there was you'd have the FXP module and we could take care of anything. Couple that with the fact we can adjust TM not just remove it and its hard to beat the combo, especially since its undetectable using the dealer check for aftermarket calibrations in case you break down or something without a laptop to flash back to stock ect :) Just figured I'd get that out there to clear anything up.

GRRRR8
09-04-2008, 06:50 AM
Thanks Chris!

Got 8?
09-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Yes I do know about the flash express but if I want to say adjust something at say 2 in the morning while coming home after getting off work will you be there to adjust it???

The tuner I used in the past did mail order too and was there for me almost anytime I needed him, but I still went in to him to get something done just because I like to do things in person that's just the way I am. If it's a little road trip, so be it. It's just one more place that I've seen and can mark it off the list.

The way I see it is I'm done with someone else doing it for me I want to learn on my own, just safely so I'll try to go slowly untill I learn it all. It may not be the fastest out there but at least I can say I did it.