PDA

View Full Version : Good list of things for dealer to check?

johnbell2
04-29-2009, 06:41 PM
Hello Charlie,

I've got close to 2k miles on my 2009.5 G8 GT and plan on taking her in for some items that need to be looked at and/or dialed in. Here is my list so far:

- Please rotate and road force balance wheels

- Car pulls to the right when steering wheel is in neutral position; please perform front end alignment

- "Clunk / pop" in front when making slow / sharp turns, especially when turning left; please check front strut mount bushings and sway bar bushings, also check struts & springs for rubbing / wear marks

- "Clunk / pop" in rear, intermittent but usually happens over slow bumps or after backing out cold; please check rear struts / springs / bushings

- "Burning oil" smell in cabin after long (greater than 30 minute) drive and subsequent shut down. Can be intermittent but is especially bad if in garage; please check oil pan and transmission pan gaskets for leaks

- Transmission "hunts / stalls" on down shift in situations such as quick stop & start or when engaging throttle to pass; please apply all ECM/TCM updates available which address this, please also confirm that transmission fluid levels are correct

- Change oil, use synthetic (haven't decided which synth yet)

Anyway, does that list look ok? Anything else you can think of short of modding the hell out of it?

Thanks!

GXPaycheck
04-30-2009, 03:18 AM
I would like to know what they do about the burning smell.
Do you have a noisy alternator as well?

SRG963
04-30-2009, 03:45 AM
Does you hear a slight whine from the tranny while in 6th gear at approx 70 mph?
Fix - add 120 grams of stick on wheel weights to top left of tranny plate.

Do you have any engine noise (whine) threw the speakers?
Fix - Possibly add a ground loop isolator and or ferrite cores.

That's 2 things I had on my list that I didn't see on yours ;)

GRRRR8
04-30-2009, 04:34 AM
Have them check trans fluid while its there.

'02 ws6
04-30-2009, 05:33 AM
Make sure they put the needed 8.8 qts motor oil in! Some people on here have been getting only 8qts, hell one guy only got 6qts!!:eek:
BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104