PDA

View Full Version : DRL Fuse

gtp40th
04-29-2009, 04:59 PM
For thoses who took off the DRL fuses, did you get any error messages. I just got my G8 yesterday but had to fly away for a couple of day and i was wondering how to remove the DRL and have the fog instead (when i come back) I found on a HID thread that they remove the DRL fuses.. just want to know if there is any error message somewhere!
Thanks!:Canada:

pantherG8
04-29-2009, 07:47 PM
No error messages. The DRL light will stay on though.

gtp40th
04-30-2009, 08:22 AM

thank you

It's A G8!
04-30-2009, 04:02 PM

What do you mean it will stay on? After I removed mine they dont come on during the day.

BSmith
04-30-2009, 10:47 PM
The light on the dashboard stays on.

pha|anx
05-04-2009, 11:03 AM
is there any type of fuse to output full power to the HID's if one wanted DRL's, or the damn things on 24/7? I heard of some kind of smart fuse that'd put full power to the things... perhaps I was mistaken. I had an HID kit on an old car, and hated the fact that the DRL fuse needed pulled and thus no lights in front in daytime.

:confused:

confused2much
05-04-2009, 11:15 AM
...hated the fact that the DRL fuse needed pulled and thus no lights in front in daytime.

Run with the foglights on durring the day if you want some lights on. I guess you could run with the headlights on too, but you will have to turn them on and off manually.

pha|anx
05-04-2009, 12:00 PM
Run with the foglights on durring the day if you want some lights on. I guess you could run with the headlights on too, but you will have to turn them on and off manually.

I'm away from my car right now, but I didn't consider this... my GP needed the lights to be switched to at least 'semi-on' if not 'on' for the fogs to come on. are the G8's fogs wired different? if left on auto and the fog light pulled, would the fogs illuminate? I'd pull the DRL sensor without thinking twice if that'd be the case. if I had my car close I'd test...

:confused:

confused2much
05-04-2009, 12:16 PM
The fogs don't come on in automatic mode unless the headlights are on IIRC. But I know for a fact that if you turn the headlight switch to the right one notch and pull it out to turn the fogs on, then the fogs come on with the parking lights. The headlights do not. I drive like this all the time and I did pull my DRL fuse when I installed my HIDs.

pha|anx
05-04-2009, 12:19 PM
But I know for a fact that if you turn the headlight switch to the right one notch and pull it out to turn the fogs on, then the fogs come on with the parking lights.

so its the same as any other car then, or at least GM car for that matter. this is what I did with my GP, and in time things like dash lights and the like (2+ years like this) start to burn out after 24/7 usage when they only come on otherwise at night. this is what I wanted to avoid, and one of the reasons I'm staying my hand on HID's for this thing...

:)

gtp40th
05-05-2009, 04:53 PM
My Check Engine light has come ON 2 days ago while siting in traffic.. I checked my gas cap.. (like my others GM) and found it loose.. but since then, the light and message are not going off.. You think this can be the DRL fuse removal.. Other than my small prob.. i like this car more and more every day.. they where saying its the best Pontiac ever.. I agree!!! Just need to fix the loose ends..

RxApple
05-05-2009, 05:50 PM
My Check Engine light has come ON 2 days ago while siting in traffic.. I checked my gas cap.. (like my others GM) and found it loose.. but since then, the light and message are not going off.. You think this can be the DRL fuse removal.. Other than my small prob.. i like this car more and more every day.. they where saying its the best Pontiac ever.. I agree!!! Just need to fix the loose ends..

Don't think so, as long as you pulled the right fuse... Just go to an auto part store, most of them will read the DTC for you for free...

gtp40th
05-05-2009, 06:10 PM
Don't think so, as long as you pulled the right fuse... Just go to an auto part store, most of them will read the DTC for you for free...

Thanks for your advice.. Sure the right fuse was pulled out .. no more DRL...will check that tomorow for the check engine msg...

Rawyzf
05-14-2009, 11:16 AM
Which fuse is this, I don't have the book by me. I want to stop the DRL from coming on every time I start the car.

Also, with the fuse out, will the lights still come on automatically when dark?

Black_Ice
06-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Has any one redirected the DRL's to the Fog lights ??

R.Penguin
06-06-2009, 09:08 PM
For thoses who took off the DRL fuses, did you get any error messages. I just got my G8 yesterday but had to fly away for a couple of day and i was wondering how to remove the DRL and have the fog instead (when i come back) I found on a HID thread that they remove the DRL fuses.. just want to know if there is any error message somewhere!
Thanks!:Canada:
Just pony up >$40 USD and put these in. http://www.speeddemonperformance.com/lukrulwhh11t.html

They look like HID with 55w. for DRL and 130w. after dark. They just plug in.

fcsuper
06-07-2009, 03:23 PM
I would like to control the DRL with a power switch. I'm not ready to explore this option yet, but will be looking into it soon.

pha|anx
06-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Just pony up >$40 USD and put these in. http://www.speeddemonperformance.com/lukrulwhh11t.html

They look like HID with 55w. for DRL and 130w. after dark. They just plug in.

ricer bulbs FTL :nah: