PDA

View Full Version : Time for a Cell Phone Upgrade! Dare?

MissNaySimon
09-03-2008, 06:58 AM
So, I'm due for an upgrade through Verizon, and my current phone is pretty much falling apart. The keypad doesn't light up, the enter button is pretty much fried, the volume controls are stuck, yadda yadda ect. ect. I texted the hell out of the thing! :P

I currenly have an LG VX8600. I want to get one of the cool touch-screen phones. I was looking at the Dare and liked it very much over the Voyager. The Glyde was cool and I liked the slide-action, but I've heard that it's a horrible phone.

OPINIONS, NOW!

GRRRR8
09-03-2008, 06:59 AM
I want an I phone. I found a place that can unlock them so they will work with any service.

G8GT594
09-03-2008, 07:31 AM
I have the Voyager and love it. Full E-mail, full keyboard. Everything. The Dare is only a touch screen phone so i could see that getting annoying. The Glyde is an ok phone. My friend has it and it broke often.

Chewy
09-03-2008, 07:59 AM
I am on my second iPhone and love it! The first one was great but I had to have the 3G with GPS... These things aren't as good as the hype makes them out to be... They're better. I have had about 8-9 "smart phones" through my years and this one takes the cake! Hell I just found out it puts geo tags on the photos you take. This means you can see the coordinates of the spot you took the pic, type it into google maps or the maps app on the iPhone and pinpoint the spot you were standing.

That's just one cool thing... I use it for so many things. Even posting on here...:first:

Unfortunately it's only at an AT&T near you. Not sure about the unlock thing as it's up to the carrier on what they want to do and I DOUBT they will allow it but I have been wrong before.

GRRRR8
09-03-2008, 08:03 AM
My friend has an unlocked 1 with sprint I believe. He had to pay $70 for the service.

Mike P
09-03-2008, 08:05 AM
I have Verizon too, but haven't done much research on the "new" line of phone technology. I've got an LG VX 8300 & love it. It works really well.

Good luck & let us know what you go with.

P.S. - Did you get your Vector Tune & Roto Fab CAI yet?!!!

Chewy
09-03-2008, 08:35 AM
My friend has an unlocked 1 with sprint I believe. He had to pay $70 for the service.

I had Sprint... They're service sucks a BIG egg... Everywhere I went in the U.S. seemed to be a dead zone unless I was on a main highway! Hell I had no service in my office.

US Cellular and Verizon have the strongest network in the Midwest with AT&T knocking on their doors FAST!

Unlocking is great but from what I've heard it screws up the updating process so you have to relock, update, and reunlock... NO THANKS!

bubblyjock
09-03-2008, 10:58 AM
Had the Voyager before my girlfriend washed it in a pair of my work pants. (I was not too happy.) So I ended up getting the Dare and so far it has been working pretty good, but I would still like to go back to my Voyager. If you text a lot and it sounds like you do, then you couldn't go wrong with the Voyager. All though the camera on the Dare is AMAZING!! Just depends on what you are going to use it for. But what ever you get if it is touch screen get a InvisibleShileld, they keep the screen from getting scratched and I have had no problem with them. Hope this helps!!

GeorgeInNePa
09-03-2008, 11:31 AM
I have a Dare. My thumbs a a bit big, but the touch screen is nice.

MissNaySimon
09-03-2008, 11:45 AM
Mike - No, I haven't gotten it done yet. :( Vector hasn't really been getting back with me so I think I'm just going to skip it.

I liked the Dare over the Voyager because of the size. The Voyager seems much bulkier than I want, and it's a bit bigger. That's my only real concern with it. I haven't seen a working version of it yet, so I guess I'll have to find one and compare.

norm8332
09-03-2008, 12:46 PM
HTC Touch (aka Vouge) is a nice phone. I have it with unlimited data. It has WM6 OS.

88ls1blazer
09-03-2008, 12:57 PM
I have the voyager and love it, i didnt want a touch only phone as when the screen goes down you are stuck, the voyager works as a touch screen and a traditional interface. This was my big selling point compared to the dare and the glyde...

Got 8?
09-03-2008, 02:22 PM
hell I'm posting from my iPhone right now!!! LOL

Chewy
09-04-2008, 03:06 AM
hell I'm posting from my iPhone right now!!! LOL

Ok so am I! Didn't want to be left out!:brock:

EC-Ryder
09-05-2008, 08:01 PM
I think that Verizon as a service provider is just about the best if U travel into a lot of different areas as it will give U the most coverage overall. :clap:

As for the phone I would pick the Iphone as the best, but like others have said hacking is the only way to go for now. :charlie:

Moreover, I would say the Iphone is the Gt of the phone world

Humm...That just sounds so made for each other! :om:

LOL!

Just a thought!

Cheers!

MissNaySimon
09-14-2008, 03:31 PM
Yes, I finally went for it. I weighed it against the Voyager for a long time, but finally decided that the Dare was what I wanted. I'm extremely happy with this phone. I bought myself the silicone cover and Best Buy threw in some free stick-on screen protectors. I never want to go back to regular keypads again!

GeorgeInNePa
09-14-2008, 04:24 PM
Yes, I finally went for it. I weighed it against the Voyager for a long time, but finally decided that the Dare was what I wanted. I'm extremely happy with this phone. I bought myself the silicone cover and Best Buy threw in some free stick-on screen protectors. I never want to go back to regular keypads again!

Congrats, I like mine too. I should look into some screen covers.

Andy@Livernois
09-14-2008, 06:16 PM
just make sure you wont weld with it in your shirt pocket... One of the guys in the shop learned this the hard way :D

MissNaySimon
09-14-2008, 10:38 PM
^^ I'll make sure not to. LOL