PDA

View Full Version : Will we see the 2010 G8 GXP?

SRG963
04-29-2009, 05:39 AM
I copied this from another thread. This is the reply directly from The Pontiac Marketing Team.

Thank you for contacting Pontiac and for your interest in the 2010 G8 GXP! We appreciate the time you have taken to write us.

We value your loyalty and apologize for any inconvenience. Pontiac has had a rich and storied history, but unfortunately, despite the efforts of all concerned, the brand has been unprofitable over the past several years. We had hoped in our February 17 Viability Plan to convert Pontiac to a niche brand within the Buick-Pontiac-GMC channel. As part of these renewed restructuring efforts, we spent considerable time formulating Pontiac portfolio scenarios that would allow the brand to be sustainable and profitable long term. Unfortunately after careful evaluation, none of these scenarios proved viable. Therefore, GM is phasing out of the Pontiac brand by year end 2010.

Start of production for the 2010 G8 GXP is scheduled for August 24, 2009 with arrival at dealerships 6-8 weeks later. Dates are preliminary and subject to change. For updates, please contact us periodically or speak with your local dealer. If you are not familiar with dealers in your area, an easy way to find one is by using the dealer locator web tool at http://www.pontiac.com/. You may also get updates on this website as new information becomes available.

At Pontiac, we strive to provide exceptional customer service. If we can be of any further assistance please email us or call 1-800-276-6842 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. E.S.T., Monday thru Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. E.S.T., Saturday.. Thank you for contacting Pontiac.

Sincerely,

The Pontiac Marketing Team

GTPprix
04-29-2009, 05:41 AM
*IF* They make it into the 2010MY with any significant changes I'll be getting another one :\ Take anything that comes out of customer care with a grain of salt, they know as much as we do right now sadly.

GT G8
04-29-2009, 12:04 PM
*ahem* Navi please.

(Maybe in another life)

Eidolon
04-29-2009, 02:25 PM
I was about to pull the trigger on purchasing a GXP, but decided I didn't want to pay $600/month. Now I'm watching to see if GM unveils any new incentives to keep the merchandise flowing. Lots of merchandise needs to leave the dealer lots before GM cans the dealers to keep from screwing GMAC over. We'll see what happens. If they keep bringing the GXP's, that gives me even more time to ponder the purchase.

Regarding the G8, I think it may be phased out after the 2009 model year. So I'm not sure if we ever will see a 2010. Then again, given the millions invested in converting the plant in Australia to produce right- and left-hand-drive cars, pumping 'em out for a bit longer isn't too terribly bad an idea.

BluYa76
04-30-2009, 12:13 AM
I thought I read in several places that the production of new G8's stopped this past Jan. 09 and that there are no new ones on any boats coming to the US. If true I don't believe there will be any model for 2010. Good job GM. :hang:

DewieJr
04-30-2009, 12:24 AM
Time will tell, however all indications so far are pointing to the G8 production being stopped. Hopefully thats incorrect and we see 2010 models. I will consider getting a 2010 GXP if its made as a collector.

95_9C1
05-04-2009, 07:59 PM
i speculate: the G8 is done

if we're lucky, we might see another version of the VE, but not as a G8

p71
05-05-2009, 05:28 AM
I was about to pull the trigger on purchasing a GXP, but decided I didn't want to pay $600/month. Now I'm watching to see if GM unveils any new incentives to keep the merchandise flowing. Lots of merchandise needs to leave the dealer lots before GM cans the dealers to keep from screwing GMAC over. We'll see what happens. If they keep bringing the GXP's, that gives me even more time to ponder the purchase.

Regarding the G8, I think it may be phased out after the 2009 model year. So I'm not sure if we ever will see a 2010. Then again, given the millions invested in converting the plant in Australia to produce right- and left-hand-drive cars, pumping 'em out for a bit longer isn't too terribly bad an idea.

They have been making right and left handed variatrions of the commadore since the caprice bought it back in '96

PolRoger
05-05-2009, 06:58 AM
i speculate: the G8 is done

if we're lucky, we might see another version of the VE, but not as a G8

I agree...

McCall
05-06-2009, 08:52 AM
I got the same letter from Customer Care. So any links to where it's been stated that the '10 production of the GXP (or G8) will not happen?

EcoBrick Bob
05-06-2009, 09:36 AM
Was this letter recent or written before May 1?