PDA

View Full Version : Repaint and Tranny Service

Rick Maddux
04-29-2009, 03:14 AM
I wanted to say thanks for the GRRRR8 forum. With all of the information provided here I was able to take my car in to get the tranny updated as well as front end alignment in one shot and no hassles.

Then I went to the dealer's body shop and had no problem at all in getting the whole front end repainted. The shop manager said that he thought there wasn't enough hardner in the paint and that could be where all those pencil size chips came from. They also did a great job in matching the paint!

The dealer was great to work with, but knowledge of what to say certainly help get the work done without any problems.

Thanks everyone and hopefully this might help others who are experiencing the same problems I did.:woohoo:

GRRRR8
04-29-2009, 04:13 AM
Thats good to hear Rick.

wreckwriter
04-29-2009, 04:14 AM
Sounds like you found a good dealer. You should give us his name so others can use him too.

Chewy
04-29-2009, 05:32 AM
WOW a good dealer in IA! Sweet!

Congrats.

Rick Maddux
04-29-2009, 02:41 PM
The dealer is Community Motors in Cedar Falls Ia. I bought it at Community Motors a Pontiac Dealer in Iowa City. They treated me very well and will buy from them again.

GotMyG8V8
05-01-2009, 10:24 AM
I have a lot of little white dots in my whole front bumper, and i don't do a lot of highway driving, is that the type of chips you're talking about?

Rick Maddux
05-04-2009, 03:31 AM
Yes, about the size of pencil lead. I probably had close to 100 of them on my hood, nose piece and both front fender.

majesticix
05-04-2009, 04:59 AM
I had the dealer mix me up some touch up paint for my front bumper (after it had been repainted). I'll have to look on the forums for the best way to apply it, but it comes with a brush for any minor chips and such in case you don't want to have your whole bumper repainted.