PDA

View Full Version : My Dyno results

KaiserM715
04-28-2009, 01:08 PM
I thought I would post my dyno results to show some comparisons.
First run:
-stock
-Run at G-Force in Pearland (*note: run in 4th gear)
-DynoJet
-293 hp, 315 ft-lbs

Second run:
-Kooks 1-3/4" long tubes w/ cats, x-pipe, stock mufflers
-Vararam
-VMS 93 octane tune
-Run at Icon in Stafford (*note: run in 3rd gear)
-DynoJet
-346 hp, 338 ft-lbs

Third run:
-Same mods as second run
-Run at G-Force (*note: run in 4th gear)
-DynoJet
-346 hp, 356 ft-lbs

Gains: +53 hp, +41 ft-lbs

Notes: I was actually a little surprised that there was essentially no variation in hp between the two dynos. I know there was some discussion as to the difference in between running in 3rd gear and 4th gear and thought this would clear some of that up.

It's A G8!
04-28-2009, 03:16 PM
You should of asked if they could of done a pull on 3rd and 4th gear @ G-force the last time you dyno'd it. Maybe there could of been a difference.
Good numbers by the way!

KaiserM715
04-28-2009, 03:22 PM
That is a good idea. I didn't think of that.

fiveoh
04-28-2009, 06:21 PM
Nice numbers. Glad you found that missing tq. :D

G8GXP4now
04-30-2009, 06:45 AM
I can't see an extra 30HP over the VMS tune. That would have pretty negative implications for mail order tunes.

Kirk@VectorMotorsports
04-30-2009, 07:02 AM
I thought I would post my dyno results to show some comparisons.
First run:
-stock
-Run at G-Force in Pearland (*note: run in 4th gear)
-DynoJet
-293 hp, 315 ft-lbs

Second run:
-Kooks 1-3/4" long tubes w/ cats, x-pipe, stock mufflers
-Vararam
-VMS 93 octane tune
-Run at Icon in Stafford (*note: run in 3rd gear)
-DynoJet
-346 hp, 338 ft-lbs

Third run:
-Same mods as second run
-Run at G-Force (*note: run in 4th gear)
-DynoJet
-346 hp, 356 ft-lbs

Gains: +53 hp, +41 ft-lbs

Notes: I was actually a little surprised that there was essentially no variation in hp between the two dynos. I know there was some discussion as to the difference in between running in 3rd gear and 4th gear and thought this would clear some of that up.

Those are excellent gains! Right in line with what we see on our Mustang Dyno.
To make peak power and torque you only have fuel and spark to work with. There is no magic hidden 3rd parameter. After tuning 250 of these G8's (over 30 on our in house dyno) there is no possible way you are going to extract 30 more HP.

Check this thread -

http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=1646

r33pwrd
04-30-2009, 07:02 AM
I can't see an extra 30HP over the VMS tune. That would have pretty negative implications for mail order tunes.

I agree a tune is a tune.. I know there are "secret" things that VMS can do but im assumping it more tranny related.. the motor really should be a pretty simple thing to tune and I dont see ANY tuner getting 30hp more than another one.

Kirk@VectorMotorsports
04-30-2009, 07:15 AM
I agree a tune is a tune.. I know there are "secret" things that VMS can do but im assumping it more tranny related.. the motor really should be a pretty simple thing to tune and I dont see ANY tuner getting 30hp more than another one.

You are pretty much 100% correct.

We do some fancy stuff with the transmission tune and have also extensively re-mapped the timing tables (normal & AFM) for better fuel mileage & throttle response. We also have a few other proprietary changes we make.

As far as maximum HP & TQ goes I believe if you had the same car on the same dyno any of the major respected sponsors on this board would all be within 2% of each other.

fiveoh
04-30-2009, 08:26 AM
Couple of obvious difference between the icon car and his car the icon car has a pulley and axleback on it where as his doesnt.(I'd guess 15rwhp from both these mods) One thing I haven't seen mentioned either is the icon car is the only one i've seen running a catless(offroad) xpipe. I'm sure that probably adds some hp as well.

r33pwrd
04-30-2009, 08:55 AM
Couple of obvious difference between the icon car and his car the icon car has a pulley and axleback on it where as his doesnt.(I'd guess 15rwhp from both these mods) One thing I haven't seen mentioned either is the icon car is the only one i've seen running a catless(offroad) xpipe. I'm sure that probably adds some hp as well.

I think peak HP on the UD is somewhere around 5hp and axleback I have read is worth about 2hp...

It's A G8!
04-30-2009, 01:55 PM
The mail order tune is not the same as a dyno tune at any shop. Every car is different and one thing to mention also is the guys at icon have spent many hours to get where they are now.

09PBMGT
05-02-2009, 04:31 PM
I have a Vector Tune and am very impressed and pleased with what they've done. I have no clue what ICON is all about, but after reading several posts and speaking to a few other members about their 30+ addition in HP/TQ on similarly equipped G8s.... I'm not really sure about what ICON is selling. Sounds a bit "impossible". I could be wrong, but I doubt it. Again.... I'm not bad mouthing any tuners out there, but I have my own opinions...... and every once and a while, I'll put my two cents in the pot.