PDA

View Full Version : GTPrix Atari Gauge Cluster conversion

camoeto
04-28-2009, 12:48 PM
I just got the "Atari Gauge Cluster" on my 2008 G8 GT converted to something very functional and nice looking by Chris White (GTPprix).

Chris re-programed the gauge cluster on top of the center console to a set of 3 digital gauges instead of 2 FUGLY gauges that look like something from Atari 2600. As a bonus, in addition to the oil pressure and battery voltage gauge, you gain an extra gauge for the engine oil temperature.

The new gauges look very nice, especially compared to the old ones. They are also actually functional now since they show the exact reading instead of the bars on the old ones. They also switch from English to Metric.

Chris did a great job with this one. Not only is it a lot less money than the other options out there, it is also more functional because you get an exact reading. I apologize for the crappy quality cell phone pics.

EC-Ryder
04-28-2009, 12:56 PM
Now that’s a cluster! Great work!

BlownG8GT
04-28-2009, 01:24 PM
Awesome!

GRRRR8
04-28-2009, 01:56 PM
:woohoo:

jbradsh1
04-28-2009, 02:31 PM
I just got the "Atari Gauge Cluster" on my 2008 G8 GT converted to something very functional and nice looking by Chris White (GTPprix).

Chris re-programed the gauge cluster on top of the center console to a set of 3 digital gauges instead of 2 FUGLY gauges that look like something from Atari 2600. As a bonus, in addition to the oil pressure and battery voltage gauge, you gain an extra gauge for the engine oil temperature.

The new gauges look very nice, especially compared to the old ones. They are also actually functional now since they show the exact reading instead of the bars on the old ones. They also switch from English to Metric.

Chris did a great job with this one. Not only is it a lot less money than the other options out there, it is also more functional because you get an exact reading. I apologize for the crappy quality cell phone pics.

Man am I out of the loop. When did these come out and where can you get them done? And for how much?

G8GT594
04-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Man am I out of the loop. When did these come out and where can you get them done? And for how much?

Check out this thread...

http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=5993

This setup is perfect, and whats better then an OEM finish! You da man Chris!

GeorgeInNePa
04-28-2009, 02:37 PM
http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=5993

08G8V8
04-28-2009, 04:04 PM
Man, that was quick. You must be his neighbor.

fiveoh
04-28-2009, 05:47 PM
How hard is it to pull them out and reinstall? What all is involved?

WhyteSS
04-28-2009, 06:21 PM
Too bad for us 09's........

norm8332
04-28-2009, 06:37 PM

I think this is going to be available as an addon for 09s.

G8GT594
04-28-2009, 07:01 PM

Don't worry. Chris has you guys covered!

camoeto
04-28-2009, 07:11 PM

Chris can get you a new 08 gauge cluster for a reasonable price. There are details in his thread.

g8gtjay1991
04-29-2009, 03:10 PM
whats the price for that

p71
04-29-2009, 03:34 PM
Anyone else see the irony in installing atari gauges in the 09s?

G8GT594
04-29-2009, 03:51 PM
Anyone else see the irony in installing atari gauges in the 09s?

Only if the gauge was stock. This is unique.
BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

G8 Jiki
04-29-2009, 04:02 PM
I think you said you’re going to try and keep the price around $350? Do we have to ship in a core for that price? Also how and where will we be able to buy this? Is their a way to install a dim switch so we can control the brightness of the gauges? I really like the look of these gauges, much better looking than stock.

GT-610
04-29-2009, 04:21 PM
350? in the other thread he said around 100!

it will be alot more for people without the gauge to send in to him.In that case he will get from dealer and reprogram

Go Chris!

Steve
04-29-2009, 05:04 PM
100 for a reprogram of your existing gauges, 350 for a new set

Superdave
05-26-2009, 05:47 PM
Looks really sweet! I wish the 09's would have come with the cluster! :(

JerzeyGT
05-26-2009, 07:49 PM
Nice job... I wish the 09's came with the holden gauge pod... now that would have been sweet...

conipc
05-27-2009, 06:08 AM
Buy an 08 set from a boneyard. Send for reprogramming to your vin and GTPrix hack for 155 total plus shipping....done it, waiting for my set to come back :)

GTPprix
05-27-2009, 06:44 AM
Buy an 08 set from a boneyard. Send for reprogramming to your vin and GTPrix hack for 155 total plus shipping....done it, waiting for my set to come back :)

Eh that was a one time favor which I'm not doing anymore due to all the extra setup I just dont have the time anymore.

09-G8-GT
05-27-2009, 08:29 AM
Eh that was a one time favor which I'm not doing anymore due to all the extra setup I just dont have the time anymore.

So, no gauges for 09s?

micheal0484
05-31-2009, 02:33 PM
It's funny, us 08 owners hated our atari and the 09's poked fun at us. Now they want our gauges.

BluYa76
05-31-2009, 08:35 PM
It's funny, us 08 owners hated our atari and the 09's poked fun at us. Now they want our gauges.

But, it's not really the same gauges anymore!

zepcom
06-01-2009, 07:24 AM
So, no gauges for 09s?

I think he meant that the "boneyard 08 gauges sent in for reprogramming" was a one time favor.

I ordered my '09 triple digital atari gauges from the website and expect them to be in within a few weeks (hopefully)

--zepcom

TNTNT
06-02-2009, 06:49 PM
What is the turnaround time on getting the gages back? Can I just pull them out and swing by and see you Chris?

Seattle09GT
06-02-2009, 08:41 PM
This is going to be my first "real" mod, ordering my kit on Satruday.

kevinm0131
06-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Got an email from Sellers, mine are shipped! :woohoo:
......have an appointment to have them dropped in next Wednesday.
Can hardly wait.
Thanx again to Chris for his top notch work.

Kevin

Crazy Paul
06-12-2009, 02:01 PM
:secret:

GTPprix
06-12-2009, 02:33 PM
:secret:

LOL! I couldnt have done it without you man :)

Panzer Leader
06-12-2009, 07:09 PM
I am confused. Can get a set of these guages for my 09. If so what do I have to do. Basic questions, these are dimmerable, correct? Second, are they a straight plug and play? Does my 09 have the plug in the back? Are there directions to install them? Appears to be easier than the three Analog Guge Set, installation of those involves a complete dash break down and a new oil sending unit. I assume that these guages do not involve that. Thanks Chris from Chris.

Seattle09GT
06-12-2009, 08:21 PM
I am confused. Can get a set of these guages for my 09.

Yes, there is a company selling the '09 gauges with harness (read on) programmed by GTPprix for $360 plus shipping. You can also buy the gauge (but good luck getting the harness) for around $211 in the real world before shipping, and have the two "Atari" style gauges.

If so what do I have to do.

You can buy the straight Atari gauges from just about anywhere - or get them online from the company GTPrix is programming them for.

Basic questions, these are dimmerable, correct?

Yes. They get the dim signal from the main BUS. If you get them reprogrammed from GTPrix they also adjust the brightness, as from the factory they are very bright to begin with. They also will shut down if you go into stealth mode.

Second, are they a straight plug and play? Does my 09 have the plug in the back?

Yup, four prong harness with three wires. The pigtail connects to a white connector located on the driver's side of the center console, roughly where your knee would rest. Just plugs right on in.

Are there directions to install them?

Yup. It reads like major surgery, you will need a trim puller ($10 to $20) but in reality it is partial dissasembly of the center console and eight screws. If you take your time no big deal.

Appears to be easier than the three Analog Guge set, installation of those involves a complete dash break down and a new oil sending unit. I assume that these guages do not involve that. Thanks Chris from Chris.

Correct, because the signal is already there. Some are debating the accuracy of the factory gauge over the three analog gauge, but I would rather have a gauge with 10% to 15% fudge factor than no gauge at all.

zepcom
06-13-2009, 02:48 AM
LOL! I couldnt have done it without you man :)

Damn... is there anything that Crazy Paul is NOT capable of?? :woohoo:

Just got my 'kit' delivered yesterday... and I thought I read somewhere that sas or ctpprix was putting the final touches on the instructions... my kit didn't include them... any chance they could be posted to this thread?

I can't wait to get mine (along with my new leather shifter) installed!

--zepcom
Sent with my Android g1 phone :)

conipc
06-13-2009, 09:36 AM
Installed hacked gauges in about 2 hours, with only phillips screwdrivers as tools. The gauges look Grrrrrrr8

Panzer Leader
06-13-2009, 09:38 AM
Installed hacked gauges in about 2 hours, with only phillips screwdrivers as tools. The gauges look Grrrrrrr8

Sounds like it was easier than the Analog Guages.

dline
06-13-2009, 10:14 AM
gauges look great!

jonjones88
06-13-2009, 11:31 AM

How about a write up? I ordered mine yesterday. Hope the instructions come with them.

conipc
06-14-2009, 06:32 AM
These were noted in earlier posts; they are well illustrated and exact.

jetttstream
06-14-2009, 12:34 PM
I just want to say that is damn awesome.

Come chris the TBSS guys want our DIC to be custom too!

;)

PMD G8
06-16-2009, 09:47 PM
ughhhh.. My Gauges are sitting at the post office and my car is in a garage 120 miles away. I'm picking up the gauges in the morning but I probably won't be able to install them for another month. I'll post up some pics when I do though.

EDIT: Well crap on a stick! It was my license plate :( , which I don't plan on keeping b/c I'm going to order a personalized tag.

kevinm0131
06-22-2009, 12:46 PM
Hi all,
Quick review on GTPprix's hacked Atari Gauges. I had mine installed in my 09.5 GXP last week.
Looks fantastic, works great. There isn't much else to be said. Nice job Chris. BTW the shop I had install them said the directions from JHP were first rate and he had no troubles at all. Everything works as promised, metric and sae, stealth mode too. I for one could not be more pleased.

Thanx!
Kevin

MoonPie
06-22-2009, 01:22 PM
Hi all,
Quick review on GTPprix's hacked Atari Gauges. I had mine installed in my 09.5 GXP last week.
Looks fantastic, works great. There isn't much else to be said. Nice job Chris. BTW the shop I had install them said the directions from JHP were first rate and he had no troubles at all. Everything works as promised, metric and sae, stealth mode too. I for one could not be more pleased.

Thanx!
Kevin

When did the orders to help the GXP's and other's without the factory atari gauges take place? I know we have to purchase the gauges and have them re-programmed. Is he currently taking orders and does the order include a factory atari gauge or is that something I need to find myself and send to him? How can I put an order in, just pm him? I definitely would like this. Thanks.

kevinm0131
06-22-2009, 01:36 PM
Hey muffs,
He's selling them via a Pontiac dealer in Detroit, Sellers.
Here's a link:
www.sellersautosport.com

Enjoy!
Thanx,
Kevin

MoonPie
06-22-2009, 08:12 PM
thanks, currently out of stock but I'm ordering anyways. I want it bad!

95_9C1
06-24-2009, 10:04 AM
any idea when these might become available, again?

i'd like to get one.

GTPprix
06-24-2009, 10:26 AM
I'm expecting a batch for them any time I think you can add the item to your cart for an email update when they are back in stock.

MoonPie
06-26-2009, 08:00 PM
Definitely will do as this is almost a must have in my opinion.

MoonPie
06-30-2009, 01:23 PM
Got the email this afternoon that they were back in stock with 6 at the time I ordered. I put my order in and am boner hard to get it as I was planning some sort of gauge placement and this gave me the solution I was looking for.

95_9C1
06-30-2009, 04:44 PM
Got the email this afternoon that they were back in stock with 6 at the time I ordered. I put my order in...

should be four left, now...

jonjones88
07-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Got them installed this morning. Whew!!! Followed the GPS Trim Kit install from BlueJacket. Will say this, its not hard, but its not easy either. Putting it all back together can be difficult to get everything lined up right. Didn't know how to run the cable that plugs into the gauges to the left side of the radio, I'm sure its not run correctly (definitely could not find where the little plastic clips plugged into), but its in there. Also, where it plugs into the other end on the left side of the radio, I thought it just plugged into the existing plastic piece there, but what is attached to the side is a placeholder. You have to remove the wire that is plugged into the placeholder, then remove the placeholder by twisting it out. Then push the end of the cable into where you just removed that placeholder and then reinstall the wire that was plugged into the placeholder. Basically the placeholder is the same as the end of the cable that comes with the kit. I think that this should be pointed out in the instructions, when the get posted.

Are they worth the cost? Yes and no. If you don't like the fact that there is just a plastic piece there, like me, then they are worth the cost. If you can, then no. I do wish they somehow could be "cycled" and show more info on there like instant fuel economy and other items. But overall I am happy with them. Finally, there is not just a blank spot there and my passenger can stop asking me "What goes there?". Thanks for offering them!!!!

Now will someone make a cheap VIM?!!!!!

zepcom
07-04-2009, 03:42 AM
Got them installed this morning. Whew!!! Followed the GPS Trim Kit install from BlueJacket. Will say this, its not hard, but its not easy either. Putting it all back together can be difficult to get everything lined up right. Didn't know how to run the cable that plugs into the gauges to the left side of the radio, I'm sure its not run correctly (definitely could not find where the little plastic clips plugged into), but its in there. Also, where it plugs into the other end on the left side of the radio, I thought it just plugged into the existing plastic piece there, but what is attached to the side is a placeholder. You have to remove the wire that is plugged into the placeholder, then remove the placeholder by twisting it out. Then push the end of the cable into where you just removed that placeholder and then reinstall the wire that was plugged into the placeholder. Basically the placeholder is the same as the end of the cable that comes with the kit. I think that this should be pointed out in the instructions, when the get posted.

Are they worth the cost? Yes and no. If you don't like the fact that there is just a plastic piece there, like me, then they are worth the cost. If you can, then no. I do wish they somehow could be "cycled" and show more info on there like instant fuel economy and other items. But overall I am happy with them. Finally, there is not just a blank spot there and my passenger can stop asking me "What goes there?". Thanks for offering them!!!!

Now will someone make a cheap VIM?!!!!!

I must agree with this writeup; however, I wish it had been posted here about a week and a half ago when I first tried this mod. I tried taking apart the dash and (unsuccessfully) plugging up my new triple digital gauges, only to find that they did not light up at all.

The once-promised "instructions" that are still MIA could have helped me in this situation, (stating the need to dis-assemble the plastic plug first) although for the dash teardown piece, I was quite impressed with the detailed pictures from "BlueJacket's" write-up for his GPS install.

Turns out that I didn't realize what JonJones88 wrote above (again, a week and a half ago!) ... that the white plug affixed to the left side of the center stack was actually a dead plug. The key here was realizing that if you disconnect the two parts of that plastic plug, and plug in the included harness to the small side of the two piece plastics, that the display lights right up perfectly! What was confusing a week and a half ago was that the other end of the 'dead plug' also had a matching/mating connector side (instead of just a "smoothed over nub" lets say) so it was somewhat intuitive at the time to attempt to plug the supplied wiring harness into that deadplug since it fit perfectly into the other end. (not realizing that the deadplug was a deadplug at the time) What I hadn't realized was I effectively was isolating both sides of the wires with the plastic deadplug in the middle, which looking back at my goof, was directly responsible for my failure the first time around in getting the gauges to work.

Last night after reading the quoted post above, I tore apart the dash once more, removed the deadplug from the real connector, and of course the LCD lit right up. Similar to the procedure for removing the connector for the cig lighter in the bottom of the stack, some trial and error is required to get the connectors apart and get familiar with the way it's supposed to work.

Of course, once you rip the dash apart 3 times or more, it becomes second nature, and I found that a full half hour was all that was needed to install from start to finish with my "third time's a charm" speed of dash teardown. Simple instructions with some of the "gotchas" noted, especially for the connectors, would have been helpful in making this a much smoother process.

Luckily, this board pulled through and the independant research of our fellow G8ers solved the problem; thanks JonJones88!! :woohoo:

I am quite impressed with the quality of GTPprix's work, and further very impressed with the customer service and post-sales communication and support from SAS; both parties are top notch! :):):):):):headbang:

I highly recommend this mod, it's awesome!

--zepcom

jonjones88
07-05-2009, 10:09 AM
No problem, I did the same exact thing, and thought that they were DOA or came unplugged. What made me question the plug was there was no "click" when you slipped it over the placeholder plug. Then I noticed that the end looked just like the placeholder. Once I unplugged the existing wires from the placeholder, it hit me. Glad I could help out!!

Seattle09GT
07-05-2009, 01:27 PM
So far so good - tremendous write up with some great pics to move you along. I have taken a few photos to add an addendum to BlueJacket's write up so they are specific to the installation of the gauges on an '09 (that didn't have it to begin with).

Right now I'm waiting for the DGF to arrive with a #2 Phillips head shorter than four inches long. Can't get one last screw off up on the center speaker to get this whole thing out. ARGH!!!

DGF showed up with the right screwdriver. I think Superman torqued one of the screws under the center speaker cover. I had to push down with all my might while turning the screwdriver with a pair of plyers to break the torque on the screw. Otherwise it all went smoothly, just took my time.

I'll try and put up the addendum pics and write up tonight.

95_9C1
07-05-2009, 06:01 PM
http://forum.grrrr8.net/images/smilies/ttiwwp.gif

:)

Seattle09GT
07-05-2009, 06:55 PM
OK, I have written the addendum with an added pic to Bluejacket's directions for the center console removal. You can find it here:

http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?p=114052#post114052

I will be uploading my photos of the gauge install (its easy) and instructions after I'm done mowing the lawn.

zepcom
07-06-2009, 05:35 AM
Right now I'm waiting for the DGF to arrive with a #2 Phillips head shorter than four inches long. Can't get one last screw off up on the center speaker to get this whole thing out. ARGH!!!

DGF showed up with the right screwdriver. I think Superman torqued one of the screws under the center speaker cover. I had to push down with all my might while turning the screwdriver with a pair of plyers to break the torque on the screw. Otherwise it all went smoothly, just took my time.

I had the same problem, then went to the local tools store and picked up one of these:

http://www.wihatools.com/images/Misc%20Tools/16112.gif

The right angled phillips head screwdriver made working near the windshield that much easier, and the three times I took apart and re-assembled the dash proved how nice that little tool turned out to be.

HTH

--zepcom

95_9C1
07-06-2009, 06:23 PM
Apparently, these gauges were meant for the GXP all along...

http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii440/95_9C1/frnt.jpg

http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii440/95_9C1/page3.jpg

http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii440/95_9C1/inset.jpg

http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii440/95_9C1/insetgauges.jpg

-Ray-
07-07-2009, 12:41 AM
I saw those gauges at the 1st Vector G8 meet a year ago.

zepcom
07-07-2009, 01:26 AM

http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii440/95_9C1/frnt.jpg

http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii440/95_9C1/page3.jpg

http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii440/95_9C1/inset.jpg

Do you happen to have any higher-res pics of that brochure? Or a PDF copy anywhere?

I'd like to look through it and read it... :woohoo:

GTPprix
07-07-2009, 03:25 AM
I saw those gauges at the 1st Vector G8 meet a year ago.

They are considerably different on the programming side of things these werent the ones meant for the GXP those hardware units were a bit different and never made it to production so a little improvising was in order.

Seattle09GT
07-07-2009, 07:39 AM

Those gauges are telling me my alternator is dying and I've had a catastrophic oil pressure failure. Just find it funny in a sales brochure. "And here is what your gauges might look like if you totally screwed up your new G8 GXP..."

GTPprix
07-07-2009, 07:50 AM
LOL!! Those of you with the conversion could you please check out this thread and give me your input?

http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=8418

Panzer Leader
07-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Hate to duplicate another post but here goes. I have asked several times whether the Artari and/or the analog guages had their brightness controlled by the manual reastat (sp) on the dash which controls the brightness of the illumination of the speedo and tach. I never got a clear answer. Thanks.

Seattle09GT
07-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Hate to duplicate another post but here goes. I have asked several times whether the Artari and/or the analog guages had their brightness controlled by the manual reastat (sp) on the dash which controls the brightness of the illumination of the speedo and tach. I never got a clear answer. Thanks.

Yes.

95_9C1
07-09-2009, 02:35 PM
my gauge pod showed up, yesterday

it looks great

now, i have to find some time for the install

i've printed out various dash dismantling instructions from this forum and JHP to help supplement the following:

These include...a full instruction manual developed on a G8.

except, i didn't receive a manual with my gauge pod

are the JHP instructions enough?

they do appear to be pretty thorough...

any tips or tricks i should be aware of ?

thanks

Seattle09GT
07-09-2009, 03:40 PM
my gauge pod showed up, yesterday

it looks great

now, i have to find some time for the install

i've printed out various dash dismantling instructions from this forum and JHP to help supplement the following:

except, i didn't receive a manual with my gauge pod

are the JHP instructions enough?

they do appear to be pretty thorough...

any tips or tricks i should be aware of ?

thanks

http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=8386

zepcom
07-10-2009, 03:15 AM
http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.p...052#post114052

linky no workie... bad quote?

Here's the proper link:

http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=7671

I agree; I did not find the JHP instructions useful at all, especially for someone who does not make a living at trim removal and replacement. BlueJacket's writeup as above is what I needed; then when he starts talking about the GPS components, you already have the dash apart so you can pull out the 4 screws on the blank filler plate and replace it with the new atari module.

Good luck!!

Seattle09GT
07-10-2009, 07:58 AM
linky no workie... bad quote?

Here's the proper link:

http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=7671

I agree; I did not find the JHP instructions useful at all, especially for someone who does not make a living at trim removal and replacement. BlueJacket's writeup as above is what I needed; then when he starts talking about the GPS components, you already have the dash apart so you can pull out the 4 screws on the blank filler plate and replace it with the new atari module.

Good luck!!

Nope, this one:

http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=8386

This is the rest of the story.

95_9C1
07-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Yes, I have these three:

-BlueJacket
-Addendum by Seattle
-JHP

Do the instructions from SAS exist?

Are they worth waiting for...?

Or, just make do with the three above?

jonjones88
07-10-2009, 05:01 PM
All I used is bluejacket's. So with that plus the Addendum by Seattle, you should be good. The JHP instructions, you have to take more items apart, which are really not neccessary. Now just do it!! The hardest part that I had (besides what I have already posted about the placeholder wire end) is removing the double sided tape off of the ledge where they put the rubber non slip where the gauges go. Of course you could always trim the rubber to be flush to the edge if you wanted and leave the rubber there (you will see what I am talking about once you get the center stack off). Good Luck and just take it slow!!

williamGT
12-14-2010, 10:13 PM
sellersautosport website forbidden? Tried 3 computers and still says this.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

DarkPhoenix
12-15-2010, 09:25 AM
My computer said that the site's security certificate is out of date. But I as able to order. Took them almost 2 months to get here, but they are great!

williamGT
12-15-2010, 10:58 AM
I want them, but he says its over $100 to ship, I just want regular usps.

DarkPhoenix
12-15-2010, 12:00 PM
Snap! My shipping was about $16...

williamGT
12-15-2010, 02:18 PM
That's what happened when you live way up north.

horacesabins
06-08-2012, 01:17 AM
is there some way off adding those gauges to an 09

Seattle09GT
06-08-2012, 09:02 AM
All I used is bluejacket's. So with that plus the Addendum by Seattle, you should be good. The JHP instructions, you have to take more items apart, which are really not neccessary. Now just do it!! The hardest part that I had (besides what I have already posted about the placeholder wire end) is removing the double sided tape off of the ledge where they put the rubber non slip where the gauges go. Of course you could always trim the rubber to be flush to the edge if you wanted and leave the rubber there (you will see what I am talking about once you get the center stack off). Good Luck and just take it slow!!

I cover that in my Addendum. Just warm it up with a hair dryer and carefully life off - you should get 90% plus of the glue off. Warm the area again with a hair dryer and then rub, firmly with your thumb, it will "roll up" like rubber cement (but harder to get off) and you're done. A little surface cleaner to finish the job.

You are correct about ignoring the JHP instructions, they have you take apart areas you don't need to pull apart.

Seriously, if I can do, and write a technical addendum, anyone can do it. I would set aside five hours if you're really nervous, make sure you have all your tools, a few beers or other beverage of choice and take your time. It is one of those projects where you do it the first time, it takes 3 to 5 hours, but once you've done it, you could do it again in 60 to 90 minutes.

williamGT
06-08-2012, 10:04 AM
I love my GTPrix hacked atari gauge, I highly recommend to have this done.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9780 using Tapatalk

Mav
06-08-2012, 10:59 AM
is there some way off adding those gauges to an 09

Yes. I believe you have to purchase the '08 cluster and then send it off to GTPrix for reprogramming. Read more here (the website is only available/open on weekends due to demand). http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=26&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=54

Seattle09GT
06-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Yes. I believe you have to purchase the '08 cluster and then send it off to GTPrix for reprogramming. Read more here (the website is only available/open on weekends due to demand). http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=26&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=54

You can buy the clusters through Chris White (GTPrix). If you get an '08 cluster the cost for programming is higher. Also the issue isn't finding the cluster - they are easy to come by. If you find one on the internet or a junkyard make sure you get the pigtail (wiring harness) that plugs into the back. You're dead in the water without that and at least when I was doing mine, they were made out of 100% pure unobtanium. I bought mine out of an '08 wreck and got them to go back to the car and find the wiring harness to send it with the gauge.

williamGT
06-08-2012, 10:26 PM
Finding used ones is tough now...I bought my 08 one without out the wire harness, but Crazy Paul helped me out with that.