PDA

View Full Version : Throttle body question...

Blackdevil77
09-02-2008, 06:12 PM
What exactly does this do and is it a "bolt on" or a complicated mod.

http://www.neweraperformanceparts.com/default.asp?S=503&A=E&PKV=G8TBporting|0

found some people that did it. What does it do for you and is it easy or difficult to install? Is this worth it?

GRRRR8
09-02-2008, 06:19 PM
Very easy to install. You just have to send your t-body in until they have cores.

Blackdevil77
09-02-2008, 06:23 PM
Very easy to install. You just have to send your t-body in until they have cores.

Thats good. Not sure i understand you at the second part. I send my current T-body to them and they mod it? Sorry if that was the stupidest thing you ever heard lol.

GRRRR8
09-02-2008, 06:32 PM
LOL! Yes, you send them yours(car disabled until you get it back) and put it back on. Maybe 7-10 minutes if that.

Blackdevil77
09-02-2008, 06:36 PM
LOL! Yes, you send them yours(car disabled until you get it back) and put it back on. Maybe 7-10 minutes if that.

lol ok good i got some of it down. Only new era does this? Gonna have to overnight that one. I need the car everyday for school and work. Gulp. Did you do it?

wreckwriter
09-02-2008, 06:36 PM
lol ok good i got some of it down. Only new era does this? Gonna have to overnight that one. I need the car everyday for school and work. Gulp. Did you do it?

Lots of folks do it, NE being one whom most of us here trust.

Blackdevil77
09-02-2008, 06:39 PM
You guys think the results are worth it? What exactly do they do to it? Again, im sorry i know absolutely nothing about this. Just saw 6-12 rwhp gain and it cost like 75 bucks so thought id look into it.

wreckwriter
09-02-2008, 06:46 PM
i think you'll find the HP gains are more from porting the intake than the TB, they are generally done together. Porting the TB will give you increased throttle response more so than raw HP. Do both and yes, its worth it. look to spend approx 400.

GeorgeInNePa
09-02-2008, 07:00 PM
If you don't want to be without your car, the company to the left of the screen, LS2 Portworks does this and intakes on a "core-exchange" basis.

You order, they ship, you remove your-install their's, then you ship yours to them and they refund the core fee.

Approx 925 for the TB and manifold with a 500 refundable core fee when your TB and intake get to them.

GRRRR8
09-03-2008, 03:34 AM

I will be doing intake manifold and throttle body at the same time when I do the cam.

Blackdevil77
09-03-2008, 04:00 AM
I will be doing intake manifold and throttle body at the same time when I do the cam.

oh my god your car is gonna fly lol. I'll see what happens when i get christmas break from college and i don't need the car everyday. Just sucks that it's gonna be cold.
A new question just aroused in my brain lol. New topic in the detailing category for this one.

Chewy
09-03-2008, 05:26 AM
I'm still hoping that A/M intake plenum comes out. I would love to bolt that up and gain some HP. I thought 75 bucks was pretty good for the T/B port and polish but would like to see some actual dyno sheets of IT only. I would do it right before leaving on vacation so that it was back by the time I got home.

'02 ws6
09-03-2008, 04:19 PM
The P/P TB is more of a SOTP mod more than anything, but the Intake & TB is a general ++HP mod. I'm going to do the p&p work on the TB myself this weekend, just like on my ls1 TB, I'll post up some pics soon!