PDA

View Full Version : Pedders Sub Frame Bushing Question

mojovious
04-26-2009, 04:33 AM
I'm ready for these bushings for my new G8 and have a couple of questions:
Are new bolts required for all four mounting locations? I've heard of them breaking during removal or install...
Is this a DIY on jack stands or is a lift required?
Thank you.

Rob@WretchedMS
04-26-2009, 06:03 AM
I've had no issues with broken bolts, and it can be done on jackstands, but it's easier on a lift obviously.

You can do them in less than an hour.

mojovious
04-26-2009, 11:44 AM
Thank you Rob! I'll be calling you when i'm ready to pull the trigger on the order.

Big Daddy G8
04-28-2009, 08:16 AM
I installed mine on Sunday and have a question or two. Has anyone else had difficulty getting the 4 bolts back in, even after cleaning the thread loc? I damn near blew a blood vessel trying to get these things back in.

Also, what are the two bolts for that come in the kit?

I hope the second question doesn't answer the first.

Thanks

Big Daddy

Chewy
04-28-2009, 08:29 AM
I'm ready for these bushings for my new G8 and have a couple of questions:
Are new bolts required for all four mounting locations? I've heard of them breaking during removal or install...
Is this a DIY on jack stands or is a lift required?
Thank you.

The black "cups" for lack of a better term will come off hard after removing the bolt. They are just stuck on the rubber so a nice pry bar or big screw driver will help. They like to go flying so be aware of that! :)

I did it on a hoist and can see where doing it any other way would be MUCH harder to do. You may want to pay someone to do it. Really... Anyone with a hoist can kick it out in no time.

Chris