PDA

View Full Version : DOH! I blew it!

JoeSyko
09-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Here's my story...

A few days after I had the car a Stang GT cut me off in an attempt to make sure he was able to get on the freeway.... well I was gonna have none of that so I told my GF to hang on cuz I'm gonna show this guy what's up.

I popped it into sport mode and as soon as we made the turn onto the freeway on ramp we both hammered it him in front me behind switching into the carpool lane to pass. But lo & behold the G8 bogged and he walked away from me like I was standing still. I looked at the dash to see "M3" displayed on the read out. I had inadvertantly put it in manual and hammered it in 3rd gear from about 10mph... DOH!

Oh well...my face was only red for a few minutes... then I remembered I looked better losing than he did winning...HA!

GRRRR8
09-02-2008, 04:55 PM
Yeah, been there and done that the first few days. Now I slap the shifter with the back of my hand because so little reward movement makes it go into manual mode.

wreckwriter
09-02-2008, 04:56 PM
Here's my story...

A few days after I had the car a Stang GT cut me off in an attempt to make sure he was able to get on the freeway.... well I was gonna have none of that so I told my GF to hang on cuz I'm gonna show this guy what's up.

I popped it into sport mode and as soon as we made the turn onto the freeway on ramp we both hammered it him in front me behind switching into the carpool lane to pass. But lo & behold the G8 bogged and he walked away from me like I was standing still. I looked at the dash to see "M3" displayed on the read out. I had inadvertantly put it in manual and hammered it in 3rd gear from about 10mph... DOH!

Oh well...my face was only red for a few minutes... then I remembered I looked better losing than he did winning...HA!

been there, done that. Had to unlearn a very old habit of driving with my hand on the shifter.

JoeSyko
09-02-2008, 05:02 PM
Had to unlearn a very old habit of driving with my hand on the shifter.

It's damn near impossible...good thing us guys have another stick to hold on to I guess. :jerkoff:

GRRRR8
09-02-2008, 05:06 PM
Tried that too and couldnt steer the car! LMAO!!

'02 ws6
09-03-2008, 04:11 PM
The same thing happened to my wife at the races against a Stang GT as well (they must be a curse!!) I was with her all the way up to the burnout box, when I got out I guess I accidentally tapped it w/ her helmet while I was removing it from my lap. She tree'd the stang by atleast .500(!!!!), but at about the 60ft. mark, the nose dove over, so she just coasted through the traps cuz she thought it broke or messed up!! I knew automatically what had happened!!!:hang:

Weldon
09-09-2008, 09:40 AM
dont worry. i know from experience! you wouldve eaten that stang up! like i said...my car still picks up its emblem everynow and then and chews on it =P

Chewy
09-09-2008, 12:22 PM
Tried that too and couldnt steer the car! LMAO!!

That's one nice thing about a long shlong... I can hold both with one hand...:whistle:

I've done that too but not in the G8... My pops 335I has the slap shift or paddle shift and I would forget to drop it down a few which makes you look like a retard.

If you were THAT slow it probably looked like you didn't even try though! :woohoo:

Got 8?
09-10-2008, 12:32 AM
Yeah, been there and done that the first few days. Now I slap the shifter with the back of my hand because so little reward movement makes it go into manual mode.

Same here...:headbang: