PDA

View Full Version : Adam's Polishes Drying Towel & Wash Pad

majesticix
04-23-2009, 02:37 PM
Brand: Adam's Polishes
Price: $17.96 w/discount code (10% GRRRR8)
Purchased From: adamspolishes.com

Quality of Part: 10
Product Performance: 10
Would you Recommend to Others: Definitely

Any Other Comments:
These were so good, I had to post. It's a simple drying towel and very nice wash pad...but oh so more than that. Perhaps I have been using crap all these years, but the wash pad was superb in generating suds and covering surface area; and washing the grills was a breeze with it. The large drying towel was the icing on the cake. Works wonders compared to my old shamai. Gobbled up every drop left on the car and left my car, windows AND chrome streak & spot-free. Even better, for someone short like me trying to wipe off the middle top of the car is tough. Just lasso this towel around the top and it vacuums anything in its path.

Best damn $20 I ever spent. Period.

Adam's ordering was easy, shipping was fast, communication with tracking info is great, and I even got a sticker! I was so impressed, the thought passed my mind of slapping it on my rear bumper....well, I won't go that far. Maybe I'll slap it on someone else's.

I'll be sure to use Adam's Polishes for my future detailing needs.

majesticix
04-23-2009, 02:41 PM
In case you were wondering, this was a special they were running with both the Great White Drying Towl w/ FREE Professional Wash Pad. Doesn't look like the special is currently running, but I'm sure it will be back.

Chewy
04-23-2009, 03:35 PM
Agreed! I have these as well.

The towel seems to never stop drying!

Did you try spraying some of their DS on whilst drying?

Chris

majesticix
04-23-2009, 04:31 PM
I did not, I just read about it though. I haven't purchased any of their other products, but that will change shortly now that the sun has finally come out!

How did the DS work?

-Ray-
04-23-2009, 04:42 PM
Great review. I'm going to order my own.

z51l9889
04-23-2009, 07:04 PM
I ordered the wash kit and the complete kit with the Porter Cable buffer on Monday. UPS tracking says it should be here tomorrow, and the weather is supposed to be summer-like this weekend!

majesticix
04-23-2009, 08:15 PM
Awesome, let me know how you like it. I gotta order up their clay bar too.

fiveoh
04-24-2009, 06:21 AM
I agree with everything you said. You think the wash pad makes a lot of suds now try it with their car wash shampoo. Wow. I use like 1/3 of the recomended amount and still have plenty of suds left when im done. Before I got it I thought $20 for a towel was ridiculous but its worth it and I just ordered another. I REALLY want the super foamy car wash gun. :D

Mav
04-24-2009, 07:11 AM
I bought the great white drying towel and it arrived earlier this week. I'll be washing the car this weekend, can't wait!

Chewy
04-24-2009, 07:46 AM
Things I have that I think people need to try. (I have almost everything)

Adams Detail Spray, Wash pad and soap (it smells like cherry's), the foaming gun, Under carriage spray, ANY of their micro fiber and their newly released green wheel cleaner. It's the best wheel cleaner I've used and it's "green" to the environment. Their new boars hair brushes won't scratch your wheels like the nylon ones do.

I have used their buttery wax which is awesome but Adam gave me a prototype of their new paste wax coming out in the next week or two and DAMN!

I have also used all their polishing stuff including their Gen II pads.

ALL has been great but it's their customer service that is unbelievable.

When drying my vehicles here's what I have learned to do from Adam. Remove as much of the water by running the hose with no sprayer over the paint so it sheets off, followed by a water blade (I use a Griots one as it won't scratch) then spray the car down with the DS and wipe dry.

AMAZING!

You are going to be seeing several new things in the coming months.

confused2much
04-24-2009, 08:01 AM
This makes me want to order some stuff from them. Damn you all for tempting me....lol

Chewy
04-24-2009, 08:09 AM
This makes me want to order some stuff from them. Damn you all for tempting me....lol

Dude! You're not that far away... Take a road trip, we'll clean your car with all their stuff and you see what you think...:)

It's truly great stuff... Not cheap but worth it.

The under carriage spray? YEAH! It smells like grape juice. It's purple and it smells SO good you want to drink it. (not advisable) My fiance' told me when we have kids that it'll have to be locked up. :lock:

SRG963
04-24-2009, 08:10 AM

Me too!

I'm afraid I might start licking my car though, I love cherries and strawberries :rofl:

Chewy
04-24-2009, 09:04 AM
Ask Jason from Adams how the DS tastes. I had dinner with Steve and Adam the other night and heard the story in detail... (forgive the pun)

confused2much
04-24-2009, 09:32 AM
I'm afraid I might start licking my car though, I love cherries and strawberries :rofl:

LMAO....that sounds like it could be on an episode of Jerry Springer....but then who would you fight? :punch:

Dude! You're not that far away... Take a road trip, we'll clean your car with all their stuff and you see what you think...

Maybe we can work something out. That would be an easy drive for me. The tough part is convincing a fully pregnant wife that this is a good idea. Maybe she can stay home for a change...:woohoo:

Chooch
04-24-2009, 09:52 AM
You know, father's day and my B-Day is coming up. I think I have found the perfect gift for my kids and wife to get me........

Just browed Adam's website.... will be hard to chose

majesticix
04-24-2009, 10:04 AM
yeah really, there are so many goodies, I may have to shell out for the complete package...my family may never see me again.

Chewy
04-24-2009, 11:14 AM
If I were to chose any ONE thing it would be the Detail Spray. Then I would go for the Polishing micro fiber cloths.

Brilliant Spray Glaze would be right on top too.

majesticix
04-24-2009, 11:35 AM
That looks to be my next purchase...I may order a gallon of the refill 'cause I will be detailing my car during lunch breaks.

g8gt64
04-24-2009, 12:11 PM
Adam's is the best. A month ago I bought the wash kit, with the bucket, grit guard, foamy gun, gallon on shampoo, waffle drying towels etc... as well as the metro vac. I was not happy with the metro vac, so they gave me my money back plus 10%, then paid for shipping and sent me a UPS label. I was SOOOOO happy with the wash kit and their customer service, I bought tons of stuff since then... actually at this point I can honestly say I have pretty much everything they sell. Right now I am waiting on the dual action polisher kit with porter cable so I can finally get rid of the swirl marks I made before I started using Adam's products. I was going to pay $300 for someone to clay bar my car and remove the swirl marks, but instead I've spent about $600 at Adam's and I'll be able to take them off myself and wash the car properly from now on.

z51l9889
04-24-2009, 07:29 PM
I ordered the Car Polisher Kit with the Porter Cable buffer, the car wash trio, a clay bar, and extra microfiber towels and applicator pads.

I received everything this morning except for the buffer. I plan to spend a large portion of tomorrow washing the car and detailing the interior.

-Ray-
04-22-2018, 02:27 PM
Thread from the dead.

MongosG8
04-30-2018, 03:17 PM
Thread from the dead.

LMAO!!

Just think ..My G8 was just a new born

GXPaycheck
05-02-2018, 06:08 AM
Spammer?

-Ray-
05-02-2018, 06:58 AM
Spammer?

He stays unless he posts spam.

LDM
05-02-2018, 07:21 AM
With an IP showing up as Bangladesh it's unlikely he has a G8 though.

-Ray-
05-03-2018, 04:50 AM
With an IP showing up as Bangladesh it's unlikely he has a G8 though.

We've had mods who didn't have a G8.

Chewy
05-03-2018, 01:28 PM
Hell, we STILL have mods that don't have G8's!