PDA

View Full Version : Borla

jimmytt6
04-23-2009, 06:52 AM
Well got my Borla from Maryland Speed...great service..

Layed it out on floor in garage polished system..tried to install won't fit.

It seems that Borla sent me two driverside rear section of x pipe and wont fit. Now after hours of trying to get to fit and car on stands with no exhaust..I'm stuck with no exhaust..this is what you get from Borla for $1000 dollars

Borla seems to be serious lacking in quality control..from what I was told this isn't the first this has happen from Borla lately. I had a Borla on my Z-28 10 years ago fit like a glove..this sucks.

Luckly I live only 30 min from Maryland Speed so hopefully I can get this resovled soon..I hope.

Good luck to anyone getting a Borla..seems like your rolling the dice to get a good system

SLVRG8GT
04-23-2009, 10:59 AM
ouch :puke:

wreckwriter
04-23-2009, 11:07 AM
Did you try flipping the non-fitting part over? Not saying you're not right, just a possible chance..

jimmytt6
04-23-2009, 11:53 AM
Did you try flipping the non-fitting part over? Not saying you're not right, just a possible chance..

Yes tried..took pics and sent to Maryland Speed and Borla confirmed I was sent two driverside pipes..just my luck.

Well credit to Maryland Speed (which has been great) it looks like I am getting a passenger side UPS to me tomorrow.
Keep my fingers crossed.

wreckwriter
04-23-2009, 12:01 PM
OK, figured you had but wanted to toss it out there just in case.

Ktlplxm
04-23-2009, 01:30 PM
Thats just bad luck. Every company has that happen, especially when things are rushed

Cliffy
04-23-2009, 01:34 PM
Good luck. I put a Borla system on a CTS-V once, love this fit, finish, sound, and look. Hopefully they make it right for ya.