PDA

View Full Version : Z51

wyldman
04-21-2009, 06:44 PM
Ate my lunch. It was still fun though. Man that thing sounded great. I knew I didn't stand much of a chance but there was no way I was gonna let it pass without making a run of it. Unlike the other night when I couldn't get a 350Z to bite.
I was coming home after working to 8:00. The weather was perfect with temps about 70 degrees and hardly anybody on the highway. I was dog tired after working a twelve hour day, just cruising home when I see this shiny black 350Z coming up the on ramp right in front of me. Wide tires, dual exhaust, nice. I'm like, here we go. This will make it all worth while. But, you guessed it. He wouldn't go. He didn't want any part of it. I'm along side of him ,kickin it down, making the Vararam growl a little bit and I cant get so much as a nod. It drives me freakin crazy. Here this guy spent all this money on a sports car,and it's a great looking car, sporty as all hell, and he won't even play. What a wuss.

JMorris
04-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Perhaps he has played too much in the past and wants to keep his license or maybe he knew cops tend to be in that area? I don't race around like I used to now knowing where the cops hide. Older and wiser, I evaluate the situation more.

The fine and consequences for street racing can be extreme. Times are tuff right now, maybe he is one ticket from not making the mortgage. Who knows what his reason was, all I'm saying there are lots of reasons NOT to street race and almost all of them are some thing other than because your a wuss. To the contrary showing some self control and responsibility when you could easily do the stupid thing like street race (he had the car for it) just shows your strength not to succumb to the pressure and temptation.

With all that said I'm not always that strong. I had to get rid of my sport bikes for that reason (my own doing not the law). I didn't have the self control and knew it, soon I would end up dead or in jail. Now, with two kids and being older I can often resist the temptation. It's saved my but more that once and I was so very close to mashing the pedal. I'm not preaching never street race don't speed blah blah because I have and do on occasion (last victim was a g37) but I wouldn't say I'm wuss because I don't always bite. I just want to keep my license (I need it for work), not get anyone hurt by being too reckless. I do that by limiting the number, duration and location of the go straight to jail speeds (90+). I do commute at 85 every day though which is still stupid I guess, I don't even have a radar detector.

I need to get to a race track soon though. I have been tempted every day to see what it can do. So far I haven't gone all out. Fastest I have gone was up to 145 or so to show that g37 a thing or two. Man this got long winded guess I just should have typed; just because you don't race doesn't make you a wuss.