PDA

View Full Version : Hissing Noise

fiveoh
04-21-2009, 09:25 AM
Should there be any hissing noises going on under the hood? It sounds like air coming out of a balloon. PSSSSSSS I can hear it real good right around the tb/intake. It doesnt get any louder with throttle. I wasn't sure if this was just air being sucked into the motor or a possible vacuum leak. I had a abs failure light when starting the car the other day.

djchubbs
04-21-2009, 09:31 AM
your just hearing the air pass throught the tb

fiveoh
04-21-2009, 09:35 AM
your just hearing the air pass throught the tb

I kind of figured that but wasnt sure. Cars having issues just trying to figure them out. Grasping at straws. :)

Chewy
04-21-2009, 10:02 AM
I had the same thing back near the left rear of the intake. I repositioned my catch can line and it went away. I think it was air passing through the line and where it was crimped slightly it made noise as it rushed passed it.

All sorted here.

GRRRR8
04-21-2009, 10:03 AM
I had the same thing back near the left rear of the intake. I repositioned my catch can line and it went away. I think it was air passing through the line and where it was crimped slightly it made noise as it rushed passed it.

All sorted here.

That is common with James catch cans.

fiveoh
04-21-2009, 10:13 AM

All sorted here.

I dont have a catch can on mine but I guess it could be the lines at the front of the intake where they bend.

BlownG8GT
04-22-2009, 08:15 AM
You are hearing the PCV system. Pinch off the PCV line and it will go away....

Of course, do not leave your PCV line pinched.

UGotSmkd
04-22-2009, 05:40 PM
I had a abs failure light when starting the car the other day.

Same here after the pulls, but it went away after I restarted it and began driving. I assume you meant the G8?