nugget
04-19-2009, 08:18 PM
Brand: Vararam G8 Intake

Installation: moderate
Installation Time: 20-30 give or take

Quality of Part: 10
Product Performance: 10
Would you Recommend to Others: yes

Any Other Comments: gotta say I really like this unit. I can really feel and hear the difference and today got to see the difference. installed it on the dyno at ICON without resetting the computer and it did a great job. did 2 baseline bone stock pulls and one with the intake put on. for just a intake and no tune correction for how close the maf is to the TB it does a great job.
thank you guys at Vararam!!!!

locrzn#92
04-20-2009, 03:19 AM
Thats about right, nice review

deputycrawford
04-20-2009, 12:13 PM
Quick question. I have read many things about the Vararam intake. I have just been lost on where I can buy one. Which supporting vendors sell the intake?

foreosu
04-20-2009, 12:17 PM
Quick question. I have read many things about the Vararam intake. I have just been lost on where I can buy one. Which supporting vendors sell the intake?

There is a Vararam group buy opportunity. Just check out this post:

http://www.forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=3301&highlight=vararam+group

Or you can search "vararam group" if that link doesn't work. Hell of a deal! (finally convinced me to go ahead and do it).

GRRRR8
04-20-2009, 12:17 PM

deputycrawford
04-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I replied on the other post but I'll restate it again here. I cannot use my paypal account because my ex wife changed parameters on the account from my original computer during the divorce. I can't start another one because I already have one. How do I get credit card info to someone to ahve it shipped? I want one now.....right now...

jadesboutique
04-20-2009, 03:29 PM
Do they send a PM with the tracking #? I sent them my credit card info last week but haven't heard anything else....thanks :)

GeorgeInNePa
04-20-2009, 05:34 PM
Do they send a PM with the tracking #? I sent them my credit card info last week but haven't heard anything else....thanks :)

PM your email address to vararam, you'll get tracking when shipped.

nph2005
04-21-2009, 01:17 AM

I was wondering the same thing, so I PM'd them and they PM'd me back a tracking #. Mine should be arrive today. :woohoo:

vararam
04-21-2009, 03:29 AM
If you include an email with your cc info we automatically send tracking!!!!!
Steve

g8_ogre_gt
04-21-2009, 07:39 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I replied on the other post but I'll restate it again here. I cannot use my paypal account because my ex wife changed parameters on the account from my original computer during the divorce. I can't start another one because I already have one. How do I get credit card info to someone to ahve it shipped? I want one now.....right now...

Call them up and give it to them over the phone. That's what I did.

UPS says mine is delivering tomorrow!!!

Can't wait! :woohoo:

Chewy
04-21-2009, 07:58 AM

You need to get a hold of Paypal and tell them what happened.

Or...
Cancel the CC used on the account and get a new gmail email account to use with your new paypal account. Problem fixed!

Biggeo
04-21-2009, 10:44 AM
Just ordered mine from Steve today! He told me they are ready to ship immediately. First mod on the G8!

r33pwrd
04-21-2009, 11:43 AM
Just ordered mine from Steve today! He told me they are ready to ship immediately. First mod on the G8!

:woohoo:

very good first mod! only problem is you wont be able to stop modding now :)

r1owner
04-22-2009, 12:11 PM
Got mine last night.

KemahGXP
04-22-2009, 04:27 PM
Stopped by their shop and picked mine up today at lunch. Good bunch of guys!

g8_ogre_gt
04-22-2009, 08:32 PM
Installed mine this evening.
Battery is disconnected right now... going for a drive in 30 min. :)

r1owner
04-23-2009, 07:42 PM
Installed mine and put my VMS Vararam tune on it. Just got back from my drive. Wow... I really really like it in conjunction with the tune! :)

I had the stability control kick on big time on the 1-2 shift.

I really like the sound a lot also. Much more inline with what it should be from the factory IMO. Not loud at all, just a nice low growl.

Seriously... if this thing gets better MPG, why wouldn't GM just design it like that? The noise is nowhere near what I would think anyone would consider objectionable.

Overall, the Vararam and VMS tune is A+ in my book.

deputycrawford
04-28-2009, 08:41 AM
Just put mine on last night. Part throttle is sharper and it pulls better up top. Its not night and day but noticeable. I have a stock tune with the mufflers deleted so I'm sure it will pick up when my converter gets here and I get a tune. Overall I think it was even a benefit on a stock vehicle and I am glad I waited until it came out to get a CAI. Now I have to get a hold of Circle D and get better 60 fts going. Good Product.

Jerry

Biggeo
04-28-2009, 11:27 AM
So the Vararam is installed. Like deputycrawford above stated, not night and day, but a bit louder with a nice growl on the gas, installed fairly easy, and makes me want a tune. I knew that going in, but overall, a good first mod for me.

I did mess up on the install because I missed the very obvious first page where it states that they now use a 90 degree elbow so you can run the hose in the stock location with the engine cover. Yeah, I missed that page! I installed it on the passenger side and cut the hose. Now the cover wouldn't fit, so I cut an identical groove on the opposite side for the hose. Looks great and works just as good.

h3ptels
04-30-2009, 07:32 AM
Steve handled everything very efficiently. Followed instructions that were provided. Had one problem using the rubber seal between the back of the Intake to the black plastic piece with the arrow pointing towards the throttle body. The rubber seal was too large for the round plastic on the back side of the Intake. Solved the problem by removing the rubber seal completely and connecting the pieces together which was a very snug fit. Used a clamp to seal around the back of the Intake. No leakage and more precise fit with more factory look. ECU adapted quickly. Have appointment on May 5 to have a Dyno Tune with Exhaust placed to complete the system. Anticipating great results.

spider1701
04-30-2009, 09:02 AM
Called steve and ordered mine today. Any one else in northern va and md/dc order one?

camoeto
04-30-2009, 10:24 AM
Just finally installed mine a month after getting it. Very nice unit, and nice sound from it when you get on the gas a bit, but the install was a bit more involved than what I imagined it would be. I guess the instructions didn't mention that the wiring that runs along the radiator is not just held in place by push on clips, but also was held by 2 clips with what looked like zip-ties on the end of them. I couldn't figure out how to get those off so I just had to cut them off.