PDA

View Full Version : 2008 bmw m3

Keith2
04-19-2009, 12:59 PM
Had a little fun this afternoon right after I installed my Superchips 93 octane tune with an M3. I pretty sure that it was at least a 2008 since it had the new style look. Started off with the BMW merging on to HWY 281 in the San Antonio area. I was in the middle lane going about 75 mph and he immadiatley got on it and came up beside me and started pacing me. He was eager to run by the way he kept jumping out front and then slowing back down to my side. I was hesitant to run him because I thought he was going to walk away from me if I did. Well, I decided let see what the new tune and Vararam can do against the German machine. I gave him the nod and switched to sport mode. He started the 3 honk countdown and then we were off. The G8 felt a lot stronger and sounded deeper then before. Then, I actually felt the car kind of squat pretty solid and go. I thought for sure that he was going to walk me but I stayed with him up to about 120 when he crept ahead slightly. By 130 I was at his side mirror with niether of us gaining or losing anymore. I let out by the time I was approaching 135. Gave a thumbs up to the M3 driver and he did the same. I was very happy with the way the G8 ran and it seems to have picked up some power. Don't know if he was taking it easy on me or if I really stuck with him.

foreosu
04-19-2009, 02:37 PM
So all you have is a tune and Vararam? If so, very impressive.

Keith2
04-19-2009, 02:56 PM
So all you have is a tune and Vararam? If so, very impressive.

Yes, those are the mods that are currently on the car. I've seen the M3's run before and I know they are fast. That is what makes me think that it was driver of the M3 and not the car.

'02 ws6
04-19-2009, 03:10 PM
It's kind of hard to mess up driving on a highway from a roll....just push on the gas. So give your car some credit on this one.:)

The Commodore
04-19-2009, 03:22 PM
I raced one when I first got the car so my car was not broken in yet and I really didn't push the car to the limit. He pulled on me of course but it was not as bad as I thought it would be. When I get my VMS tune I will give one another shot since having a new M3 is the new fucking thing to do (I have seen at least 50 of them, no lie).

Good race Keith, I'm sure he was a little surprised about how you kept with him.

Keith2
04-19-2009, 04:31 PM
It's kind of hard to mess up driving on a highway from a roll....just push on the gas. So give your car some credit on this one.:)

Yeah, that is a good point. The car is running good right now.

Keith2
04-19-2009, 04:59 PM
I raced one when I first got the car so my car was not broken in yet and I really didn't push the car to the limit. He pulled on me of course but it was not as bad as I thought it would be. When I get my VMS tune I will give one another shot since having a new M3 is the new fucking thing to do (I have seen at least 50 of them, no lie).

Good race Keith, I'm sure he was a little surprised about how you kept with him.

Post the outcome when it happens.. I gave it all I had!

Featherburner
04-19-2009, 05:26 PM
I lined up with one at Atco last week. I treed him and out 60' him and beat him to the line but he had a faster ET. 13.35 at 104 to a 13.34 at 110. So yeah, they're fast but I out drove him. :nah: He cut a good light but mine was better.:)
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u3/jdhawk93/Atco3-7-0913350.jpg