PDA

View Full Version : Need HELP ASAP! 97 Grand Am Pwr steering

DQGTO
04-19-2009, 07:01 AM
CHARLIE, help. I am about to kill people. I have a 97 Grand Am, 2.4Liter. Last night my power steering hose blew, so I think. She was spraying like a cut pig. I got into it today to try to get the hose fixed and I am in a mess here. I am pretty certain it is the lower hose, with the pressure fittings. I cannot find a hole though, even though I saw it last night. Anyway, thats really besides the point. I added pwer steering fluid to try to get the system filled for the moment to trouble shoot again by turning the wheel and seeing where the system pissed from. Heres the problem, the power steering is totally locked up, making me think there is air in the lines or worse, the pump is bottomed out and is shot. So there is just the right amount of fluid so it isnt over filled or under filled etc. What do i do? If I change the hose the problem will still persist, you know what I mean. PLEASE HELP lol. I need to get this done TODAY and leave at 6PM TODAY to drive from NY to Baltimore. SO yeah im in a bind\

THANK YOU SO MUCH

DQGTO
04-19-2009, 08:02 AM
you can disregard this. I am taking it to goodyear. I am ashamed. I cant get to the fitting going to the rack and pinion. Thanks though

DQGTO
04-20-2009, 10:16 AM
G8Ray, Charlie, whoever, you can delete this thread if you wish to cut down on the clutter. Got it changed at Goodyear, such a bitch to get to the rack and pinion, on the K frame there. The guys at Goodyear were cursing me for making them do it.

GRRRR8
04-20-2009, 10:18 AM
Just a hose and the pump was OK I take it. Sorry I missed this yesterday I was on the dyno.

DQGTO
04-20-2009, 10:20 AM
its all good. yea the high pressure line went. And the pump is OKAY so far, we will see. I just didnt wanna do the pump too, considering this car is a $500 POS I just bought lol if it lasts for another month and a half il be happy