PDA

View Full Version : Gen-TT Ball Bearing TT System on its way...

Robert@KBXPerformance
04-18-2009, 10:38 AM
Well I finally decided to bite the bullet and get the system. Eventually I might still fabricate a TT system for the G8 from scratch but for right now I will be going with the Gen-TT BB which should take me where I want to go for now. I plan on an easy 500/500 at the tires on mild boost and turning mid to high 11's... Once I am able to finish the main project vehicle then I will build the bottom end, and transmission and turn the wick up to 15+ psi or so. All on a daily driven street car with good manners.

DrBoost
04-21-2009, 04:59 AM
Well I finally decided to bite the bullet and get the system. Eventually I might still fabricate a TT system for the G8 from scratch but for right now I will be going with the Gen-TT BB which should take me where I want to go for now. I plan on an easy 500/500 at the tires on mild boost and turning mid to high 11's... Once I am able to finish the main project vehicle then I will build the bottom end, and transmission and turn the wick up to 15+ psi or so. All on a daily driven street car with good manners.

Post pics please. Lots of pics of the install kit parts etc. I've been waiting to see some info on this kit and interested in fit and finish etc. For what the APS and GenTT kits cost I don't think I would even attempt a custom install. You would have that much in it by the time you were done if not more.

East TX muscle cars
04-21-2009, 02:18 PM
what? no kuddos on who sold it?llol

Robert@KBXPerformance
04-21-2009, 03:04 PM
Post pics please. Lots of pics of the install kit parts etc. I've been waiting to see some info on this kit and interested in fit and finish etc. For what the APS and GenTT kits cost I don't think I would even attempt a custom install. You would have that much in it by the time you were done if not more.

Once I do get around to the install on this car I do plan to take some pictures.

If you get dealer pricing like I do on many items and are able to do all design and fab work then it becomes REAL cost affective to do your own system from scratch. However, the problem is coming up with the time to be able to do it... Honestly this may sound odd but I cannot remember the last time I installed a kit supercharger or turbo system... I usually do uber-custom jobs from scratch so this will be a welcome change of pace for me in terms of ease of install.

Robert@KBXPerformance
04-21-2009, 03:08 PM
what? no kuddos on who sold it?llol

Here's some love for ya. :pee:

By the way, that's like bromance not the "other" kind. hehehehe.

East TX muscle cars
04-21-2009, 04:10 PM
o thanks! price just went up 500$!!!!!!!!!! lol

Robert@KBXPerformance
04-22-2009, 04:24 PM
o thanks! price just went up 500$!!!!!!!!!! lol

But the pee made a smiley face... :D