PDA

View Full Version : 2010 g8 v6

Panzer Leader
04-17-2009, 03:32 PM
Latest rumor, Direct Injected 6 with 6 spd autotrans. Please put the 6 speed manual tranny in this car. And I rrreeeaaalllyyyy promise to buy one. And while we are at it, put the triple sport analog guage cluster in it also.

mario1956
04-20-2009, 07:49 PM
Watch out Panzer the V8 Ray troll and serial poster big brother watcher-outer has you and I V6 owners in his sights.
The DI engine is a good one. Try to find all the info about the Caddy CTS and you'll have a good idea of what to expect. but, damn, that needs to be a V8 instead.
See ya on the V6 forum..........................................

-Ray-
04-21-2009, 02:05 AM
Watch out Panzer the V8 Ray troll and serial poster big brother watcher-outer has you and I V6 owners in his sights.
The DI engine is a good one. Try to find all the info about the Caddy CTS and you'll have a good idea of what to expect. but, damn, that needs to be a V8 instead.
See ya on the V6 forum..........................................

In turning over a new leaf I've decided to edit. Also the fact it seems like I killed the thread.
Ok now. Don't be a troll.

Panzer Leader
04-23-2009, 07:48 PM
Why do you think I have the G8 V6? Because it is basically a CST. In fact, the G8 comes with the FE2 suspension, it is an option on the CST, base model there is the FE1. The engine in the G8 "Base Sedan" is I think the same in the Caddy CST base model. Same with the AT a 5 speed. The DI V6 is an optional engine w/6 speed AT or 6 spd MT. While the Caddy may have a classic look, I think the G8 is actually better. Now that said the Caddy has a lot of "features" that the G8 doesn't but not much. BUT the cost differences are the prime feature.

mario1956
04-24-2009, 02:14 PM
I have joined "Trolls Anonymus"
And no more snide V8 comments either...............................

-Ray-
04-24-2009, 04:06 PM
I have joined "Trolls Anonymus"
And no more snide V8 comments either...............................

you mean Anonymous?

Slizzo
04-25-2009, 02:23 PM
Why do you think I have the G8 V6? Because it is basically a CST. In fact, the G8 comes with the FE2 suspension, it is an option on the CST, base model there is the FE1. The engine in the G8 "Base Sedan" is I think the same in the Caddy CST base model. Same with the AT a 5 speed. The DI V6 is an optional engine w/6 speed AT or 6 spd MT. While the Caddy may have a classic look, I think the G8 is actually better. Now that said the Caddy has a lot of "features" that the G8 doesn't but not much. BUT the cost differences are the prime feature.

What the frick is a CST?

You mean CTS I'm sure? And yes, all models of the G8 get FE2, GXP gets FE3.

G8 GT and GXP both have Limited Slip Rear Diffs, Base does not.