PDA

View Full Version : Dirty little secret

BudaG8
04-17-2009, 03:39 AM
Just curious (because my wife calls me crazy) but is there anyone else out there who never lets his car stay dirty? If it rains, as soon as I get home I wipe it dry and clean it. Luckily I have a garage at home and work. If the forecast calls for rain all week, I still have to wipe it down every day in case they are wrong and don't even mention vacuuming every speck off the floormats. I've been this way since my first Camaro. Any other clean freaks out there?

SRG963
04-17-2009, 04:08 AM
Just curious (because my wife calls me crazy) but is there anyone else out there who never lets his car stay dirty? If it rains, as soon as I get home I wipe it dry and clean it. Luckily I have a garage at home and work. If the forecast calls for rain all week, I still have to wipe it down every day in case they are wrong and don't even mention vacuuming every speck off the floormats. I've been this way since my first Camaro. Any other clean freaks out there?

Yup! I'm rubbing on my baby around twice a week :)

GRRRR8
04-17-2009, 04:11 AM
Gulity as charged! :woohoo:

GM_Fan
04-17-2009, 04:15 AM
I don't car too much about my DD Grand Am, but I wash my GTO or G8 nearly everytime I take them out.

My wife will drive the G8 and treat it like her Malibu. It's just a car to her.

breakinparts
04-17-2009, 04:44 AM
I wipe mine down just about everyday I drive it. I also don't drive it in rain unless I absolutely have to. lol

esinger
04-17-2009, 04:49 AM
So far I washed my car every week since I've owned it (Sometimes 2 times a week).

I'm sure I'll calm down after a while, but still fanatical at this point.

confused2much
04-17-2009, 04:51 AM
Mine is my DD and the weather around here is absolutely awful. I would love to keep mine clean, but I would have to wash it at least 3-4 times a week if not more. I just don't have the time for that right now. Wish I did though!!

PerfectD3
04-17-2009, 05:00 AM
LOL since I live at an apartment complex, I go over to a coworker's house to wash my G8. They swear I'm going to wax the paint off in a year since I always wash and wax 1-3 times a week.

Ktlplxm
04-17-2009, 05:31 AM
Washed almost every 2 days.
Waxed every other weekend
Interior cleaned, dressed, and leather conditioned on the weekeds it isn't waxed.
Wheels pulled once a month, cleaned inside/out, and sealed with Luster Lace
Wheel wells cleaned and "tefloned" at the same time
Suspension cleaned and greased

Ktlplxm
04-17-2009, 05:35 AM
Maybe I go too far

esinger
04-17-2009, 05:59 AM
Maybe I go too far

I feel really better now, I guess I'm not that bad after all.

Ktlplxm
04-17-2009, 06:10 AM
HAHA got to have something to keep me busy. CLeaning is so much less expensive than adding new parts lol

GotMyG8V8
04-17-2009, 06:39 AM
Right now i'm waxing every 1-2 weeks as i can, i am getting off work today at 2 so i'm gonna have a nice long time in this great weather today to wash. The only thing is i don't have someplace to wash it so i have to go to a do it yourself, so i just use the sprayer, not the dirty ass brush, and then i take her outside and dry her off for about 45 minutes, clean the wheels. Then bring her the mile it is to get home, wipe her down of any pollen, and wax her.

After i wax, i will wipe the whole car down before i leave in the morning to get off any pollen that has been collected while she was sitting. Girlfriend has no issue with it now because i wash and wax her car as well, so now she wants it done all the time. Having two black cars is a lot of maintenance lol.

BudaG8
04-17-2009, 06:49 AM
Ahh, I am not alone!!! :banana: These are my people!! Bless you boys. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to break out the cleaning supplies. At least White Hot doesn't show the dust.

r33pwrd
04-17-2009, 07:26 AM
If it rains, as soon as I get home I wipe it dry and clean it.

If you did this in Seattle your life would be nothing but cleaning!! In the non summer months my car gets washed about every 2-3 weeks and it always dirty within 24 hours of the wash!

G8DRIV3R
04-17-2009, 07:46 AM
waxed three times since ive had it (two and a half weeks) and wash every 2-3 days, mostly b/c it rains every other day around here

Devilish34
04-17-2009, 08:44 AM
Washed almost every 2 days.
Waxed every other weekend
Interior cleaned, dressed, and leather conditioned on the weekeds it isn't waxed.
Wheels pulled once a month, cleaned inside/out, and sealed with Luster Lace
Wheel wells cleaned and "tefloned" at the same time
Suspension cleaned and greased

Ha you sound like my neighbor....do use a leaf blower to dry your car too...

Oh but he drives a Acura RSX

wreckwriter
04-17-2009, 08:45 AM
Mine is generally fairly to very dirty.

TCorzett
04-17-2009, 08:52 AM
Wow - I feel like I'm neglecting my G8! I don't have any water source at my condo and I refuse to go to a car wash. I have only washed the car once in the two months that I've owned it... granted it rained almost the whole first month. I will be washing her today or tomorrow (it needs it bad) and again next Friday (if it's not raining) for a cruise on Saturday. I washed my previous car more often (every other fill-up), but it was with a car wash... I just can't stand the idea of putting the G8 into a car wash... so it will be a little dirty sometimes.

-Todd...

Mlozano
04-17-2009, 09:15 AM
HA... i knew i wasn't crazy, what's this about removing the wheels, hmmm... stop putting ideas in my head. 3 weeks ago i spend 2 days washing and waxing my car, about 5 hours each day. Got every knook and cranny, and then it rained :( car was half way in the garage (don't ask, i do that a lot) so only the back got dirty.

99-LS1-SS
04-17-2009, 09:17 AM
Gulity as charged! :woohoo:

LOL! You can't say that! Your car NEVER sees the rain. lol But, judging by the pictures it still gets cleaned very frequently. OCD anyone?

99-LS1-SS
04-17-2009, 09:18 AM
Mine is generally fairly to very dirty.

Mine too. I have too much shit going on right now to clean it as much as it needs to be cleaned.

BudaG8
04-17-2009, 10:11 AM
Okay, maybe I'm admitting too much. Some unwritten rules: (1) Only drive car in rain or threat of rain when absolutely necessary, (2) If possible, use wife's dirty car under condition #1, (3) If possible, delay any trips until after streets are dry, (4) Wipe and dry car after any rain, (5) Avoid puddles at any reasonable cost. Feel free to add your own.

wreckwriter
04-17-2009, 10:19 AM
Okay, maybe I'm admitting too much. Some unwritten rules: (1) Only drive car in rain or threat of rain when absolutely necessary, (2) If possible, use wife's dirty car under condition #1, (3) If possible, delay any trips until after streets are dry, (4) Wipe and dry car after any rain, (5) Avoid puddles at any reasonable cost. Feel free to add your own.

6) Enjoy the car, its only a car after all. Drive it like you stole it, rain or shine :)

confused2much
04-17-2009, 10:32 AM
^^^+1^^^

r33pwrd
04-17-2009, 11:03 AM
I guess I dont love my car as much as some... mine is luckly to see an interior clean more than 3 times a year!

Ktlplxm
04-17-2009, 11:12 AM

Thou doth dare compare me to an Acura owner?!?!?!

jimmyban
04-17-2009, 11:37 AM
I have been hearing "you are going to wash the paint off that car" since I was 16....I'm 48 now and my neighbors still say the same thing LOL!

As far as adding to the list:

(7) Cancel an appointment because it rained and you don't want to get the car dirty

(8) Don't drive through construction zones when clean

Ktlplxm
04-17-2009, 12:39 PM
(9) Refuse to use your car to drive friends for the "night out" due to the increased likelihood of smoke and alcohol smell lingering the morning after

r33pwrd
04-17-2009, 12:53 PM
(9) Refuse to use your car to drive friends for the "night out" due to the increased likelihood of smoke and alcohol smell lingering the morning after

rule 10 realize you are not driving a Enzo....

GRRRR8
04-17-2009, 12:58 PM

I have been using a leaf blower for 10 years. You would be surprised how few swirls you get by drying it like that. After its dry, I spray detail with a microfiber towel.

r33pwrd
04-17-2009, 12:59 PM

I can already see it...

Your out at the bar grabbing a drink after work.. some HOT ass girl walks up to you with very nice tits and ass... she ask to go for a ride... first you ask her to take her shoes off.. she thinks its weird but does it because she wants a ride... than you make her spit her gum out as it may fall out of her mount and get on the carpet.. she says who cares "I plan on giving you road head anyways and the gum will just get in the way" so about 5 minutes later you on the freeway she un zips your pant and starts going to town you freak out and yell "stop I dont have paper towel to lay between my balls and the seat"

Devilish34
04-17-2009, 03:53 PM
I have been using a leaf blower for 10 years. You would be surprised how few swirls you get by drying it like that. After its dry, I spray detail with a microfiber towel.

And your neighbors think you are nuts too....:nah:

Devilish34
04-17-2009, 03:53 PM
Thou doth dare compare me to an Acura owner?!?!?!

Only in your routine

R.Penguin
04-17-2009, 03:59 PM
You WHAT?

You drive your car when it's wet out? :hang:

OMFG!!!!!!!

:rofl:

Ktlplxm
04-17-2009, 05:15 PM
I can already see it...

Your out at the bar grabbing a drink after work.. some HOT ass girl walks up to you with very nice tits and ass... she ask to go for a ride... first you ask her to take her shoes off.. she thinks its weird but does it because she wants a ride... than you make her spit her gum out as it may fall out of her mount and get on the carpet.. she says who cares "I plan on giving you road head anyways and the gum will just get in the way" so about 5 minutes later you on the freeway she un zips your pant and starts going to town you freak out and yell "stop I dont have paper towel to lay between my balls and the seat"

Just remember, no matter how hot she may seem, how great the sex may be, someone somewhere is glad her ass is gone (oh and if she keeps her lips closed like she should, nothing gets on the seat)

Ktlplxm
04-17-2009, 05:18 PM
Only in your routine

I guess if that explains why everyone says my cars look brand new after 13 years, I can accept that. The vehicle gets driven everyday and I've put another 6000+miles on it since mid- January, but that doesn't mean it has to look like it : )

Ktlplxm
04-17-2009, 05:19 PM
rule 10 realize you are not driving a Enzo....

if it were an Enzo it would have been "friend" not "friends" lol

GRRRR8
04-17-2009, 05:21 PM
And your neighbors think you are nuts too....:nah:

Thats a given. :)

G8GT721
04-17-2009, 05:26 PM
Just remember, no matter how hot she may seem, how great the sex may be, someone somewhere is glad her ass is gone (oh and if she keeps her lips closed like she should, nothing gets on the seat)

lmfao

shane
04-17-2009, 07:48 PM
I wipe mine down just about everyday I drive it. I also don't drive it in rain unless I absolutely have to. lol

Yep same here i always dust and wipe down the car after a drive. having a DD also helps...

Bretz56
04-19-2009, 09:22 PM
Guilty as well here!! I blow mine dry with my leaf blower,lol!! Works great, but takes some time. I hate drying with towels.