PDA

View Full Version : Installed the HID's, a few questions for those that have done it.

BlownG8GT
04-13-2009, 06:47 AM
Pretty straight forward install, actually pretty easy. My questions are:

1) Did you remove your DRL function?
2) Did you need to re-adjust the headlights?
3) Have you had any issues?

confused2much
04-13-2009, 07:08 AM
1) Yes, it supplies the lights with a lower amount of power which can be bad for HID's

2) I did have to with my 55W kit because it was in the eyes of oncoming drivers

3) Only issues I had were with the accessory harness which was wired backwards to one of the clips, but others who had the same problem walked me through where to look and troubleshoot.

JerzeyGT
04-13-2009, 07:12 AM
Pretty straight forward install, actually pretty easy. My questions are:

1) Did you remove your DRL function?
2) Did you need to re-adjust the headlights?
3) Have you had any issues?

I did remove the DRL fuse.. Unless you took out the headlights to install, I dont think you would need to re aim the headlights.. The only thing I would suggest is to run a bead of silicone in and around that rubber grommet that went in the hole u drilled in the cap for the headlights.... What a difference when driving at night!!! Enjoy...

BlownG8GT
04-13-2009, 07:49 AM
1) Yes, it supplies the lights with a lower amount of power which can be bad for HID's

2) I did have to with my 55W kit because it was in the eyes of oncoming drivers

3) Only issues I had were with the accessory harness which was wired backwards to one of the clips, but others who had the same problem walked me through where to look and troubleshoot.

I used the 35w kit....MORE than enough for me! lol Thanks for the heads up!

I did remove the DRL fuse.. Unless you took out the headlights to install, I dont think you would need to re aim the headlights.. The only thing I would suggest is to run a bead of silicone in and around that rubber grommet that went in the hole u drilled in the cap for the headlights.... What a difference when driving at night!!! Enjoy...
I did remove the headlights, and I did use silicone on the grommet! Good advice as well! Thanks!