View Full Version : GXP's

wwg8
04-12-2009, 04:41 PM
3 at Vestal in Kernersville, NC 27284

1 Black, 1 Red, 1 White

All black interiors

bobyoung
04-16-2009, 08:43 PM
There was a silver one in Auburn MA at Diamond, sold for 5000.00 above sticker piece supposedly, had an M6 in it. They said they were getting two more in a month or two both with M6's.

Eidolon
04-18-2009, 08:17 PM
I actually called Vestal about that White Hot GXP, which has the sunroof and manual tranny. I may still go back and forth with them on it.

But the original quote I got from them was $38,590 before tax and fees. At first I was like, "Wow, what a deal!" So I called the dealership up and asked for an email breaking down all the components of the deal that would compose the final out-the-door price. Upon reading that email, I discovered that the price I was given was the MSRP less GM's current $3000 rebate. Basically, they were offering MSRP. Upon calling the dealership, the dude gave me the usual spiel about his sales manager being a hard-nosed snob.

I was unimpressed. Buying a car is... interesting work.

wwg8
04-19-2009, 04:59 AM
Yeah they weren't going to give me that great of a deal. I ended up getting one (GT) at Flow. I got it for like $6k less there.

I went to school with a salesman there. I don't know if he is still there. His name is Clay Hudson. When I went to get work done one day the sales manager talked to me and I told him the price difference. He couldn't believe it. He said next time if I need anything come see him directly. Funny think was, he was the one who gave me the original OTD price any way. I think you may have to really beat on them to get things going over there. Not like our town is that big, but they have been here a long time. They do move cars. I also went to school with the Vestal's sons, who now help the day to day operation over there.

Zach Pettit

Eidolon
04-19-2009, 03:14 PM
I'm discovering it's going to take a bit of work to get a really good deal. People here talk about thousands off, but the best base offer I've gotten on a GXP so far is just a tick above $39k before tax and fees. That's about $650 below invoice and $2500 off MSRP/sticker, but that's not the $7k talked about here: http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=5652

wwg8
04-19-2009, 03:30 PM
If weather is good on 5/2/09 we are heading down to Cary to Hendrick for the Camaro release show they are putting on. If it is raining we wont be getting the car out and coming down. I am meeting a friend with a Vette that lives in Durham. You going to try and make it out?

Zach

By the way GO HEELS!! LOL

Eidolon
04-19-2009, 05:00 PM
I keep forgetting about that, but if I'm able, then heck yes!

Though to "Go HEELS" I must say Heck NO! Not that rooting for the Wolfpack is very exciting or helpful these days. :(

GXPaycheck
04-20-2009, 05:32 AM
Might have to take a couple days off for that!

If weather is good on 5/2/09 we are heading down to Cary to Hendrick for the Camaro release show they are putting on. If it is raining we wont be getting the car out and coming down. I am meeting a friend with a Vette that lives in Durham. You going to try and make it out?

Zach

GXPaycheck
05-01-2009, 12:24 PM
Car show Sat, 5-2 in Garner from 8-12. You guys still going to Hendrick? I might try to hit both!

wwg8
05-01-2009, 01:14 PM
Still debating. They are going to do the Camaro here in the Ville and in W/S on 5/6, so don't know if I want to do the gas expense.

Good chance of T storms so I won't be bringing the car out.

GXPaycheck
05-02-2009, 07:39 AM

Zach

Checked this morning. Camaro shows on Wednesday 5/6

wwg8
05-03-2009, 10:15 AM
They did it yesterday also in Durham. I think 5/6 is Cary.

DiGItaL024
05-04-2009, 05:16 PM
i guess i am lucky to get mine,not to many with a manual and one is mine