PDA

View Full Version : Programming keys

jboogie
04-11-2009, 03:39 PM
I just got my wife a flip out key and the dealership that cut it put the 2 sections together. :spank:

I programmed it and it starts the car but whenever i program the remote buttons, my remote stops working. The owners manual says not to put the 2 sections together until after programming... Well i cant get the 2 sections apart and i can get both keys to work.

HELP!

Anyone know how i can get both keys to work or how to get the 2 sections apart?

Thanks.

J.

jboogie
04-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Never mind :) I figured it out.

TomPierce
04-11-2009, 06:36 PM
How'd you do it?

jboogie
04-12-2009, 07:33 AM
to program the key section u have to start the car with a working key. shut the car off and remove the working key. Within 5 seconds put the new key in and start the car. All done.

to program the remote section. put the key in and turn it to the accessory position. the car will go through the system check once its done, in the DIC go to personalize settings or whatever it says and and select remote key. press the lock and unlock buttons at the same time until u hear 2 beeps.

this is where i was messing up.

do not remove the 1st key from the ignition. press and hold the lock and unlock button on your 2nd key until u hear 2 beeps again. do this on all keys and they will all work.

too easy. :D