PDA

View Full Version : Corsa Catback Install/review

conipc
04-11-2009, 12:52 PM
About 2.5 hours by myself on ramps only (wouldn't try ramps-only if your car is lowered!). Only real PITA is alignment of pieces and being sure they are fully bottomed in the expanded ends. Otherwise pretty straightforward: old system comes off easily, and new one on piece by piece.
As to the system review, there are videos elsewhere. The thing is spooky--all the increased sound comes out the back and not into the car at virtually any speed. The sound is perfect for me--just enough to hear a V8. A quality item.

V8G8
04-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Nice, any sound clip of it.

conipc
04-11-2009, 05:30 PM
There are some posted by Steined that sound like mine, including interior with accurate comments!

steined
04-12-2009, 06:54 AM
There are some posted by Steined that sound like mine, including interior with accurate comments! Other than calling it a Borla of course....

One question, do you notice condensation coming out of some of the joints for the exhaust upon first start? I'm guessing I need to re-torque mine but didn't know if that was normal.

Here is the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTU86495IAg

conipc
04-12-2009, 07:22 AM
no, but then the humidity down here is quite a bit less than Ohio. I would reinspect to make sure the pipes are bottomed in the expanded sections which have the slots, as it's hard to seat them and align the system. But if not bottomed, there will be an open area of the slot.

conipc
04-21-2009, 01:00 PM
At 65-75, the Corsa is quieter than stock system at steady speed. Mileage went up, but haven't scientifically tracked it so I would guess about 1 mpg on highway. Great idle and acceleration sound, and no intrusive drone or resonance...

g8torade
04-21-2009, 05:59 PM
...The thing is spooky--all the increased sound comes out the back and not into the car at virtually any speed. The sound is perfect for me--just enough to hear a V8. A quality item.

Man! That's exactly what I want. And need. I've got the magnaflow and while it is the street series there definitely is still drone and sometimes a little overwhelming to some, like my wife and mother-in-law.